The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1901 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/09
I can't help but love Zoe - what a great imagination, maybe too much so for her humdrum 5th grade world. Great writing!
06/13/09
A very enjoyable read!
06/14/09
Clever and imaginative. I suspect that it would flow a little better if you could use some stronger formatting effects to highlight the fantasy sections. I appreciate that you have done this with the tilde but I only picked this up myself on my second read. Personally I would recommend use the Italics tag. But a fun story that certainly raised a smile
06/16/09
This truly hits home as a teacher. It's true, each child has a God-given, unique way of learning. The challenge is trying to fit all their "uniquenesses" together. What a fun story. Your MC was delightful.
06/17/09
So cute and a great concept. I stumbled over the flow between Zoe's inner and outer world, maybe some formatting changes as suggested would have been helpful. Really enjoyed this one!
Awww! I loved Zoe! She was charming and delightful character and I felt sad that she wasn't fully "appreciated" for her uniqueness by the others. This was a neat story! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your highly commended! ^_^
Great story...well written...congrats on your placement!
06/20/09
Thank you, everyone, for your feedback! I do have a question that I'll probably post on the message board as well -- umm...how do I get the italics? I originally wrote Zoe's thoughts in italics but then couldn't figure out how to get them to transfer to the format.
07/03/09
This is the funniest entry I've seen since I joined FWs. I hope you churn out more of these.
I can so relate to Zoe! I was exactly the same when I was at school. She's my kind of 5th grader. Well done on the Highly Commended!!
08/20/09
Jenny, I'm going to feature this delightful story on the Front Page Showcase for the week of September 27. Look for it on the FaithWriters Home page...and congratulations!
09/29/09
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR