The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1497 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/30/09
THIS is amazing! So creative. I was chuckling through the whole story and then swallowing the lump in my throat at the end. I love the line about how with God as our rock we don't need to be one. This is really a winner!
04/30/09
Excellent. Humor and tenderness in the same piece. That takes writing talent.
Great piece of writing..loved the humor...well done!
05/02/09
Really really good! Thanks for the laughs, served up with a good dose of reality that probably stings us all!
05/02/09
Brilliant and unique! A great take on this week's topic, and an entertaining read for sure. Very well written...(but not too sure about the grammar in the 2nd Paragraph...if the "IT" should be removed or the word "saw" should replace the "seen") But it's still is an excellent entry. Kudos!
05/05/09
What a hoot! Thank you for sharing this hilarious story with us. I also used the same verse in my story but it wasn't nearly as entertaining or effective as this.
05/07/09
WHOO HOOO!!! WAY TO GO SISTER!!!
05/07/09
Oh. My. Gandhi. :)What a great piece! Congrats!
I was completely enraptured by your writing ability and creative take on this topic. Well done and a very deserved EC placement!
Delightful and creative. I enjoyed the ride, even though I saw where it was going.
05/07/09
WOW! Hilarious and thought-provoking at the same time! Great writing and creative take on the topic! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR EC!! :)
05/08/09
Love this story! "I flicked an ash of bitterness off my lip." Great storytelling! Congratulations on your well deserved win!