The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1503 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
As a lover of horses, I enjoyed this THOROUGHLY! I love the idea of a story written from this perspective. Excellent from the beginning to the way you ended it. Very creative!
03/01/09
Lovely storytelling, with a fascinating history lesson. Wonderful characterization too. Love that last line too!
What a unique entry for this week's topic. I loved this story. The viewpoint and the details were amazing! Top notch writing talent here!
03/05/09
Congratulations on your EC. Fascinating POV for telling this piece of history.
03/05/09
What a very creative idea! I will never read about Joan of Arc again without thinking about her horse! Well done indeed.
03/06/09
Wow. Just wow. What a superb piece of writing, from a creative point of view. Incredible...congrats on your EC.
03/09/09
Your love of horses comes across loud and clear. And how creative to have the story told from this perspective.
Allow me if you will to make one critique. I appreciate that your story ranked highly but I think that we can all benefit from one another's comments. I found your opening paragraph a bit heavy - what with the historical names and dates and geography and all that. The narrative picked up after that and the ending was certainly moving. But my suggestion would be to shift such details to a subsequent paragraph once you have captured your reader's interest.