The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1158 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/15/09
A great way to approach this bit of history--from a family's living room! Very creative, and I like the open ending.
01/20/09
Very well done.
01/20/09
Gripping. From beginning to end, you had me. Well done.
Ok, this is really, really bittersweet. Beautifully written - You had my attention and held it throughout - even brought tears to my eyes. Appreciate the way you took me into one possible glimps of a family changed by that fateful day in history. :)
01/21/09
Wonderful entry...a tender insight to a horrible time in our history. Well done!
01/21/09
This is very well-written! I love stories based on history, and my dad fought in WWII, so this was of special interest to me. You did an excellent job of capturing one family's reaction to Pearl Harbor and how it changed their lives.
Powerful story. Well told. You had my interest from start to finish.
Norms
01/21/09
Really good!
GREAT job on characterization. I'm impressed.

The only thing that didn't click for me was her *knowing* he was dead. As humans we tend to cling to hope against hope against hope. Acceptance being the last stage of grief.

Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing this.
Very good entry. :)
A great story all the way through. The sense of history and of family and of nation are all strong.