The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1017 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is very visual! I love your descriptions here and especially being able to 'see' this so clearly!

RED INK: My only note, is I wasn't sure what was the 'broken footpath' she had to travel. Everything seemed fairly 'fine' from the little sliver of life that I read.

Good job-I liked this! ^_^
04/10/08
A very touching ministry, and a unique way to look at this week's topic.

Red ink: "stationAry" means "not moving"; you wanted "stationEry". You have a dangling modifier at the beginning of the 2nd paragraph. Finally, in the 3rd, you have a few mixed metaphors: one does not "birth" a "footpath", that sort of thing.

I was very pleasantly pleased at the last paragraph, to see what the woman was doing.
04/11/08
I love "surprise endings" where the story takes a different path from where you thought it was going (even if it was sad). Good way of getting your scripture across without being "preachy."
You have a great gift of words, and this piece demonstrates that gift.

I was confused about the broken footpath as well. Also, I just wish this could have been a little bit longer, because I was really enjoying your writing style. I wanted to know more, and then it ended. Don't be afraid to take advantage of your full 750 word count. Sometimes less words are better, and sometimes it helps to use more.

I really look forward to reading more from you in the future. :)