The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 980 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very nice article. Your title was what drew me in. And just like the empty basket, our lives are special because of an empty tomb. Promises come true because of Him.

Your article flowed well. You painted a clear picture of memories found in an attic. I found myself rocking in that rocking chair. Nicely done.
06/06/05
Great way to bring someone into the story; a journel entry made years ago. Loved the ending comparing life to an empty basket and each day as an egg with it's own surprise as well as an opportunity to better understand what God's doing in and through our lives. I wondered hat "messages" will be found in the future by my children or grandchildren that will proved edifying?
Loved this story and how it was written. Thank you for the reminder of the wonderful gifts the Lord fills in our baskets!
06/09/05
A lovely portrait of a family. I love the verses in the eggs - I think I may borrow it now that my daughter is almost getting ready to read :) She already has talent for memorizing verses.
06/09/05
The last paragraph is a key to this essay, a nice exposition of family. Thank you.
This was very good. I liked the nostalgic feeling it presented. Comparing the basket to life and the surprise-filled eggs to each day was a very creative touch.