The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1121 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/08
I LOVE this! It's sweet, humorous, and puts a very positive slant on the topic. I really enjoyed reading the part about the rose-oh how true! We often have one lesson leading to another as parents. I can't say enough how enjoyable this story is to read. Very nice.
02/29/08
This was adorable. You nailed the dialogue with a five year old...a paragraph in one breath:) And the line about offering her a bug made me think of that old song "Spiders and Snakes". Hee hee. Good job, I loved it.
03/03/08
Cute story. Your talent for capturing the innocence of childhood shows through in this piece. Keep writing.
03/03/08
Love the dialogue and the innocence...this is so sweet and sensitive!
Peaceful and thoughtful entry here. Loved your little guy. Keep up the good words.
Good job showing the seriousness of hurts to little ones. So glad this was a MC "got the girl" story. :)

FYI: caught one typo - Michelle became Melissa, or maybe Melissa was her middle name :)
I loved the part where the little boy rambles on and on. That's just like a little kid. You did an excellent job with this. This is one of my favorites this week. :)