The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1419 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/08
This is a great creative insight to a character that we are given very little information about in the Bible. Very nice.
02/29/08
After all these centuries, the world is still talking about the actions of this widow. A excellent take on the theme.
02/29/08
This is a form a “midrash” An excellent storytelling motif that adds to and compliments the lesson given by Jesus. This well written and very creative story could easily be preached on a Sunday morning.
03/02/08
Really enjoyable. Thanks for sharing this piece!
03/03/08
I love Biblical stories. It makes them more realistic, more understandable.
You did a good job of showing her state of widowhood and poverty.
Good job, keep writing.
03/03/08
Wonderful story. Thank you.
It's always great to see fresh material related to characters and stories in The Bible. You did a good job of making your character believable. After reading it, I thought to myself, "Yeah that really could have been the widow in the scripture." Great job!
In that period, the Bible didn't have chapters and verses like they did today. It might have been better if the lesson was summarized and you gave a footnote at the bottom with the reference.

Besides that, touching story. Nice job fleshing out a character who was barely mentioned in the Bible.
Excellent! I love the way writers can give believable backgrounds to Biblical characters as you have done in this story. Very well done indeed.