The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1725 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/23/08
This reads smoothly and well. I like how you set this on the eve of his departure for Damascus, especially since we know what happens on that trip. =)
02/23/08
This story kept me engaged throughout. Great job.
02/24/08
Great inside look at this passage of Scripture.
I was really engaged by this story of Saul before his Damascus Road experience. You have an excellent grasp of the language of the man who became Paul and was such a mighty force for "the Way."
02/25/08
This is well written. I'd love to have a setting with it--a description of the clothes, the walls, the furniture--it would make me feel more like I was there.
02/25/08
Wow! Excellent writing. I love that you filled some gaps in bringing this story to us. It almost has a "rest of the story flavor". I really like this!
Very well written story setting the tone, mood and events.
02/25/08
Excellent! I like the setting (the letter) and the voice is perfect.
You've put a lot of effort into this piece. The writing is seamless, and the voice just right.
02/27/08
I love the format. You've managed to take some intense chapters of the Bible and make it very real, very readable. Nice writing.
02/27/08
You just made this story come alive for me. Wow. Love the ending, too and the Bible verse to tie the message together. Well done.
I never think much of Saul before his conversion. This is great! I love this line/thought.. But tonight I’m troubled by a dream that a man of light is readying his armor, preparing to strike me down.
Oh the twist at the end was good. I wasn't sure who the writer was going to turn about to be, but it was really Saul! Wow. Nice job with the twist here!
What a wonderful piece of historical fiction. I've often wondered if Caiaphas didn't regret listening to Annas, his father-in-law regarding sealing Jeaus' fate by asking him, "Are you the Messiah?" But history is what it is and your re-telling it in this manner goes beyond academics and into inspiration. Great job!
Thanks for a new look at a familiar character.
What a great look at Paul before his conversion. Isn't it amazing that Paul, once so loved by the council, suddenly became the hunted after his conversion. This was so well written, I thought it must have been a male writer to get the "male voice" down so pat. Well done Karen!!