The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1099 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a terrific title! You have some great lines... "There was no twitching or bobbing of the legs; nervous tendencies were probably against some secret code of shrinks" ... "His country drawl and proud unapologetic gut level honesty had stood out like fireworks on Easter Sunday."
"celebrate who he is and who you are together.”" wise advice.
Excellent descriptions, good dialogue. Well done.
02/15/08
I love your title, too! I need to remember the lessons you taught here! Very well written. Great job!
Laury
Awsome!! keep it up!thank you for the reminder to appreiciate our loved ones.
A very good lesson on opening our hearts to truth.
Excellent. I needed to read this, it was a right now word.
02/17/08
Your idea in this story is excellent. You may want to consider putting the main character's thoughts in italics to keep it seperate from the narrative. Keep writing!
Definitely one of my favorites this week. It has a good message and the author has excellent writing skills to convey that message.
02/19/08
Great story, beautiful ending. Nice job.
Title definitely a grabber. Excellent read for many who feel they can "marry a pig" and turn them into "a silk purse". ;)
Comment on my comment: Hope you caught the "wink". I wasn't calling your MC's husband a pig. It's just a saying, at least where I was raised, that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. :)
3rd place, wow! Congratulations.

Marlene
02/21/08
Congratulations on a job well done. You get to move on up to Level 2 now!
02/22/08
Congratulations, Amanda! Not only did your entry place third in your level, but it came in 39th overall. Great work.
Wonderful. I loved it. The lesson is a great one. Congratulations on third place. Keep writing.