The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 918 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/07
Pretty good account. If you can find an out of print copy of Lucille Lavendar's book "They Cry Too," you will probably say that you have a sister. Pastor's wives (in some cases - husbands) have one of the hardest jobs going. Thanks for sharing the insight.
12/14/07
I feel this pain. I can relate. Well said.
12/14/07
You've presented a sad, but too often true, little documentary. This should be printed in every church bulletin before they hire a new pastor. Great writing.
12/15/07
Ouch. Very good message. I like the letter style -- it works. Good job with the topic.
All I can say is... WOW!

From being friends with several people who are indeed pastor's wives, I know for sure you nailed this.

Great job!
12/17/07
Very good writing, but it breaks my heart. I hope everyone who reads this will examine themselves to see if they are mentioned here.
12/18/07
Wow! I understand this so much. I was a PK and saw much of what you wrote.
I like the little thoughts in between.
Well written..from the heart.
((hugs))
Wow. No wonder this won. I was a pastor's wife for many years. This brought back memories too difficult to live, which had a lot to do with the break-up of my 30-year marriage. God bless... Angel
12/21/07
Congratulations on your 1st place. This was very well written, and a great message. Good job.
Congratulations! Very well-deserved!
I'm going to share this with our pastors' wives.
Congratulations on your well deserved 1st place. Very well written. I too will share this.
12/27/07
Congrats. I liked the formatted segments and feel.
01/15/08
Please accept my apology for the times I have held you to a different standard than I do myself - you are just like me, you just happen to be the Pastor's wife.