The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1634 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/07
If "home" is where you hang your hat, then "church" is where you hang out with fellow worshippers, right? Liked the creative and poetic thinking in this piece.
12/16/07
I enjoyed all the images here - a great view of the church in its many forms and locations.
12/16/07
I love the message in this poem. It's truth wrapped in beautiful words. There isn't' an aspect of the living church left out in these descriptive lines.
12/19/07
I can see this with a slide show of each scene, played as a sermon illustration. Very nice!
You gave us a great discription of what and where the church is. I really liked this one.
You included it all, dear friend, as I knew you would.
Which begs the question, "Where would we be without the nurturing and fellowship of the church? God ordained it for our growth and for our pleasure. Praise His name!
12/19/07
Wonderful journey through so many places that are inhabited by the members of the Church.
Softly and warmly inspired as ever. It is a treat reading your graceful poetry and the ring of truth it always contains.
Very nice!

I really liked your last verse. It just tied everything together so beautifully.
Indeed the church is anywhere believers gather. Great message. I enjoyed reading this.
12/20/07
Verna, this is a wonderful poem. You portrayed the church so very well. The church is also this website, FW'ers ministering to one another, probably never having met in person:)
Laury