The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1752 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/28/07
This story is absolutely hilarious! Great writing and it takes a special person to laugh at themselves this way...and to let others laugh as well. Good job! Thanks for adding a chuckle to my day...you are a very good writer!

P.S. Hope your hairdo recovered!
07/28/07
Great telling of an incredibly embarrassing time! You had me laughing.
07/28/07
I am so sorry for the predicament you found yourself in, but it certainly made for a funny story! :) The last line is priceless! Great job!
Funny and really a great story about pride and humility. Watch your line spacing between paragraps and keep writing, you've got a wonderful talent for writing humor.
Too funny!!! And I loved your last line.

Be careful with your tenses. In your last paragraph, you began in past tense and switched to present tense. That was one of the hardest things for me to remember at first. It helps to read it outloud when you are proofing.

You have lots of talent. Keep honing your craft. I look forward to seeing how God is going to use your gift.

Blessings,
Cheri
08/01/07
Great job of showing the attitude "adjustment." Enjoyed this.
08/01/07
This is so funny! Great voice, wonderful style. Super job.
This is really cute. I love your beginning, middle and ending. I've made your mistake. It is embarrassing. It's worse when you have an "I look good" attitude. Great!
Do you know we would get along just perfect? When my van breaks down I borrow my dad's car and I never park on the right side of the pump! Thanks for sharing this!
08/01/07
This is hilarious -- you had me laughing out loud. (I think I would have driven away after the first wrong attempt.)

I loved your storyteller voice -- I could actually hear you telling a bunch of girlfriends. Very good job.
08/02/07
You did it again! Nice job! Good work! Congratulations!
08/02/07
Oh my gosh....this is HYSTERICAL!!! I read it twice and laughed out loud each time! I can so relate to you. Great story and congratulations on winning!
08/02/07
Dianne, I'm so proud of you. You are rising in the ranks at a miraculous pace. What's for next week??? Congratulations on your 2nd place in Editor's Choice!
08/02/07
Congratulations on your EC. I loved this story. Good-bye beginners -- and I'll bet you're not long in intermediate either. :)
08/02/07
A great story! Last two sentences seemed unnecessary and detracting for me, but I really enjoyed this entry! Congrats!
08/02/07
How in the world did I miss this one last week?! Really funny! I was laughing out loud-and if I'm honest, I'll have to admit I've done the same thing...:) Congratulations on your EC and placing in your level!
Dianne, congratulations on your EC win! Way to go! this is great stuff. I knew you would be moving up quickly.
08/02/07
DIANNE!!!!!!! :D CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1ST PLACE AND ON YOUR EC!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!! I am thrilled for you and look forward to reading many more of your entries! BLESSINGS! :)
08/02/07
I laughed out loud! Brilliant story - and I loved the beginnng and end. So easy to let a good story like this fall flat - and you did just the opposite. Congratulations
08/02/07
Congratulations Dianne on your win! Your article is so very funny, I enjoyed reading it! Great stuff! God Bless U. SR
Congratulation on your EC placement, fantastic! Your story is a delight.
Very funny - I could definitely relate!
08/06/07
You're movin' on up! Go girl!
08/06/07
And I meant to say I liked the article too. Could you have put some dialogue in it? Not sure. It's very good just as narrative anyway.
08/14/07
Your "illusion of dignity" was beautifully done; and if you think that was bad - wait 'till you try to park a large sedan in a parallel parking space that is only suitable for a "VW Bug" while a group of "testosteronian" (I believe that's what you called them) males ogle and guffaw from the sidelines. At least you continued on to church; whereas after umpteen tries I just hung it up and went back home and cried. Great job and Congratulations!
Your self deprecatory humor is a pure delight!