The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 848 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
hey, I am 19 and I love the Beatles. And I am totally jealous. I like the story, and the kids comments. It is real to life.
06/14/07
I like your entry, it is filled with action, and the end is both surprising and funny.

Good Job
06/15/07
Hey, this is funny! I read it aloud to my thirteen year old brother and we just laughed! Love the comments from your children - it added a lot!
06/15/07
Hey, thanks for the nostagia. I was lucky enough to see them at Soldiers and Sailors Field in Chicago. I bought my tickets as early as possible from WLS radio station. My mom, who drove me and three friends there, ended up buying tickets at the event. Not only did she end up getting better seats than I did, she also sat next to a man who brought binoculars. Well, it wasn't a total loss. About twenty years ago, (about twenty years after the event, too!) I wrote up this story and won a free vacuum cleaner and two nights in the local Howard Johnsons with a free dinner for four! Good job of capturing the excitement of a once in a lifetime adventure!
This was hilarious; I especially liked your last understated line: “I’m so old.”
hehe..I really enjoyed reading this!! I loved the dialogue and the portrayal of the generation gap. Well done!!