The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 4011 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a well written narrative poem. I like the humor in it. It is deserving of some cute illustrations.
06/10/07
A really cute story with a good moral at the end. Children would love this, and I agree; the illustrations would be wonderful!
06/11/07
CUTE...CUTE TITLE! And the message is like icing on the cake!
06/12/07
This is absolutely DELIGHTFUL and wonderful for kids. I love this! One of my favorites this week.
06/13/07
Yes, a delightful story. I can see the horror on the old hen's faces when they see the brown egg, and the joy when they realize the eggs are the same on the inside. Wonderful message. Illustrations would bring the lesson out even more clearly. Good job!
Beth, this poem is just adorable, and informative, too. Nice job! I can imagine how cute the illustration could be. Keep up the great work!
This is too cute! I will definitely read this to my kids and they will love it. My son loves to learn all about animals so this is a two for one story! It's so cute and kids love things that rhyme. How was this not a winner? Great job.
You did a wonderful job of making this educational for children as well as fun (with a touch of suspense.) I can definitely see how this one could be turned into a colorful picture book for a child.
08/22/08
I just read this to my kids during our homeschool day. Lemme just tell you, it was a BIG HIT, and it had nothing to do with the fact that our math lesson got put on hold while we were reading it. (wink)
What a delight to read and extremely creative and entertaining.
08/22/08
Delightful story that I loved the first time, and love even more now. You are such a master of this style, dear Beffy! Thanks for playing at FF again :)
09/22/17
I think it could be used as a good analogy to African American vs. White people.

Did you ever make this into a children's book?