Previous Challenge Entry (Level 1 – Beginner)
Topic: Thanksgiving (04/18/05)
TITLE: Count Your Many Blessings Name Them One By One
By Teresa Marshall
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
When I hear the hymn, “Count Your Blessings,” in the chorus are the words: “Count your many blessings, name them one by one.” When I come to this part, mentally I begin to thank the Lord for my friends.
My blessing list begins with:
1. My adoptive parents. “…I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was homeless and you gave me a room, (home) “(Italics mine). Matthew 25:35. (The New Message Bible).
2. Betsy: Her life demonstrates God’s enabling to overcome serious problems.
3. Patti: She opened her home every Saturday night for the young people to have Bible study, food, fun and fellowship. Patti assisted me in growing spiritually through developing a prayer and praise notebook.
4. Dianna: I can rely on her prayer support.“…they'll respond by praying for you in passionate intercession for whatever you need “2 Corinthians. 9:14 (The New Message Bible).
5. Miss Bar: She is my definition of a teacher, because “true learning takes place when lives are changed.” One of her quotes. My life was transformed through a lesson in using the Wordless book explaining the plan of salvation to children.
6. Mrs. Brown: My piano instructor in college. She gave me a solid musical foundation where I can serve the Lord through this gift.
7. Ann Griffin: A former Pastor’s wife. She was my support system at the time I went through ovarian cancer and chemo treatments. Ann had been diagnosed with cancer. The Lord took her home where she is free from all pain.
8. Stan Shirk: He is the new Rehabilitation Chaplin. Through him I learned of Cornerstone church. I have been attending there for almost a year.
9. Mary Jane Shirk: She is one of my newest friends and cell leader. Mary Jane has the gift of hospitality. Numerous times she and Stan have opened their home up to me.
10. Melissa: Is a fairly new Christian within the cell group and she is full of questions. What a delight to learn along side of her. 2 Peter 3: 18, “ But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ…” (KJV).
11. Pastor Greg: He faithfully instructs the Cornerstone congregation. My walk with the Lord is growing deeper and more personal. 1 Thessalonians 5:11, “So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind…” (The Message Bible).
Most importantly I am thankful for Jesus who willing gave His life on the cross. He paid the debt of my sins through his shed blood. So through all eternity, I will praise Him with a never-ending song of thanksgiving.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be right now. CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.