The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1564 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/09/07
Really well-done, folksy voice.
Good job. I especially like the phrase "Can’t talk farmin’ to a city boy, or subways to a farm boy."
02/10/07
I liked the voice. Great story. Keep up the good work. God bless.
Very good authentic voice. The ending was heart wrenching and sweet. Nicely done.
02/10/07
Sweet, endearing story. Well written to boot. My favorite line says it all about witnessing: "Gotta talk to them where they're at...what they know." That sure is the truth. Blessings, Jo
02/11/07
I finished reading this with a lump in my throat. My dad (Pop to my boys) took my boys fishing all the time. I, too, like to picture him fishing with Jesus. Thanks for this sweet story.
02/12/07
You're braver than I am! This seems hard to do but you pulled this one off really, really good. Great voice. Really. :)
02/13/07
Tight and well done. I reflect what others said about voice. Goes on my favorites list.
Very nice! I like the tone and feel of this piece. Definitely carries across the message and personality of a unique individual as 'Grandpop' ^_^
I would say when your Gradpop (carrying his fishing pole) met Jesus at the Pearly Gates, he was greeted with, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Thanks for sharing the glimpse into the heart of a true fisherman.
02/15/07
Well-written piece about a very wise Grandpop! I know he'd be pleased with his eulogy! :)
02/17/07
Great tribute to a great man. Good writing, comes across clear. God bless.