The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 904 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/09/07
...You’ll need to pray for yourself every day now...

What a tender thing to write!
I'm not much at crying or laughing at what I read. But this was tearful for me. I liked Gran's response to why Pop went fishing. What a good piece!
02/11/07
Wonderful!! I loved reading this! Good job!
02/12/07
This brought tears to my eyes. What a tender piece.
I love this line: "He could hear Pop’s strong, loving voice through every word."
This is very well done, and very touching. I'm teary.
This was touching for me, as I also left a letter in my son's Bible, by God's command. When he found the letter, he was at a crossroads of his life, and he surrendered his life to the Lord that year. Of course, your story reminded me of that fond memory.

Other than putting spaces between paragraphs, I don't see anything you really need to change. Your writing is very good. Blessings, Cheri
02/14/07
I love stories regarding family and reminiscing. :) What a warm story with a touch of nostalgia. Good job! Blessings, Jo
02/14/07
What a nice story. Well done. God bless.
02/15/07
Tears are streaming down my face. I have 2 pictures hanging right by me -- one of each of my boys, fishing (& laughing) with "Pop". Other than the fact that my dad was a very good fisherman, I could have written this piece. Maybe I'm too biased because of the content, but this really touched my heart.