The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 828 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/01/07
GREAT STORY Love the title. I have been preaching this to my kids for years. Keep writing!!
02/03/07
The title fits your story well. It's true that what we choose to read can influence our hearts and it's a lesson that needs to be learned by today's youth. Nice work
02/03/07
I loved this! Great title, strong start, great object lesson without losing the heart of the story. I feel the exact same way. A fresh way to present the truth you presented. Keep up the great work.
This piece makes your point nicely, with solid writing. Good job! An interesting aside: C.S. Lewis was very much in favor of fantasy pieces, especially those with magical elements. He argued that any story that pits good against evil (and good triumphs) is actually a seed pointing the way to the Ultimate Good. I think there are arguments on both sides as to what Lewis might have made of H.P., but I liked how you presented one side without being "preachy" about it!
Great Story. I loved your soft, sweet beginning. You lured me in and then it took a serious turn. Well done. switching intensity like that. I too "preach" to my 4 sons- "Junk in Junk out" is one of my favorite sayings. However, I agree with the previous comment that good vs evil can be a useful tool. The dark side is real and battles that portray good triumphing over evil is a seed. Nice job.