The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1420 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/09/06
Just cute - I got chuckles out of this one. Good job.
LOL!!! I loved this entry, it's out of what seems to be the 'box' this week. I almost spit the mouth full of coffee I had onto my monitor when I read the reference made to oatmeal. BTW - I love oatmeal but I'll never look at it the same way again. Keep up the great work, thanks for the laugh and for the smile I may just wear all day.

Bless you and your writing.
So true! I'm bad at flossing, too. This entry certainly made me smile.
Having been on the end of those trying to get people to change (but also just as guilty of not following my own advice), I laughed at this entry. Nicely said.
11/11/06
Ah, a kindred spirit. One wonders what this story would have been like if our doctors had written about us. I could surely idenity with your philosophy and if my doctor read your story he would assume I had summitted it. He's finally gotten to me with a "If you don't start taking care of yourself you'll have a stroke and become a burden on your family." Now I'm listening. Good story.
11/15/06
I loved this story and could totally relate to it, as I also have a taste for salty and sugary things, dislike cooked oatmeal, and abhor dental floss! (I use one of those pointy toothbrushes instead and found out that works just as well.) This really got me laughing!
11/16/06
Funny! Personally, I have an exercise plan...I still plan on doing it. Loved the reminder about being healthy in heaven.That probably includes perfect teeth so no need for floss! Enjoyed such humorous writing.
11/16/06
What a delightful, lighthearted spoof on the profession. I really enjoyed it and can certainly relate. Have you ever seen Maryl Streep and Albert Brooks in the movie, Defending Your Life? It's old now, so it should rent for about fifty cents. It's one of our family's favorites. It has gross errors in theology but the images of Heaven have stuck with me ever since, especially the food ones! Watch this video and you'll feel like you're on the right track!