Dr George Karimalil
H No 6-137/1/9B, Tele: Home: 090-40-23062914
Navodaya Colony, Dayarguda, Cell: 09885444900
Kukatpally PO, Hyderabad, email: email@example.com
Andhra Pradesh, India 500 072
I have spent quite some time in pursuit of academic excellence, culminating in a doctorate in English Literature. Of all well-known litterateurs, I chose Thomas Eliot, one of the most difficult poets to comprehend, and tried to demystify the religious side of his eventful life. However, instead of pursuing a teaching career, I took to print media journalism. After two decades of working in different newspapers, I have moved into free-lancing for newspapers and magazines, writing books for institutions and educational publications and directing films. At present, I work for LANCO Group, a Hyderabad-based Business House, taking care of its communication requirements.
1. Pre-University Course, St Philomena’s College, Mysore, Karnataka from 1972 to 1974 – First Class (65 per cent).
2. BA (Political Science and English Literature), SFS College, Nagpur,Maharashtra from 1976 to 1979 – Second Class (58 per cent)
3. MA (English Literature), Christian College, Indore, Madhya Pradesh from 1982 to 1984 – First Class (60 per cent)
4. PhD in English Literature from Devi Ahilya Viswavidyalaya, Indore
Madhya Pradesh in 1989. The theme for the research work was The
Influence of Religion on the Works of TS Eliot.
5. Kovid in Hindi from Hindi Prachar Sabha in Wardha, Maharashtra in
(NB. The gap in my academic pursuit was due to the undertaking of certain religious studies, including Latin (two years), Philosophy (three years) and Theology (one year)
1. Working as Chief Coordinator, Corporate Affairs, LANCO Group, Hyderabad, India. The Company is into Power Generation, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Engineering and Construction.
2. Working as Director of Manushyathva, Hyderabad from 1998.
Manushyathva is a social programme to promote human values through audio-visuals.
3. Worked as Editor, Syndication and Publication, Colour Chips,
Hyderabad in 2001.
4. Worked as Manager, Content Development, Pardeshi.com, Hyderabad
5. Worked as Special Correspondent and in charge of Investigation Bureau, Andhra Pradesh Times from 1996 to 1998.
6. Worked as Senior Subeditor and later Senior Reporter and Principal
Correspondent, Newstime, Hyderabad from 1988 to 1996.
7. Worked as Senior Subeditor and later Senior Subeditor, Free Press
Journal, Indore, Madhya Pradesh from 1984 to 1988.
Honours and Awards:
1. Won Gold Medal in an essay competition on The Choice before the
World is Self-annihilation or Survival organised by Nagpur
University in 1978.
2. Nominated to the Committee on Child Rights and the Committee
on Women Development set up by the Government of Andhra
Pradesh in 1995.
3. Represented Unicef at the international conference on Use of
Pesticide and the Media in Manila, the Philippines in 1997.
1. The Touchstone – A Profile of the works done by the Brothers of St
Gabriel in the field of Education in India.
2. Roadmap to Good Living – a series of ten books for moral education
Name : George Karimalil
Age : 52 years (30 October 1952)
Strengths : Value-based living, Straightforward Approach to Things
Around, Ability to Take Others Along and Good in
Hobbies : Meeting people, Reading, Writing Poems, Short Stories and
Articles, Visiting Places, Gardening