TITLE: For all Christians who truly love the LORD
By Arlene Baker
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
SEND ARTICLE TO A FRIEND
The Body of Christ stands at a serious crossroads in this point of history. I understand 97% of America’s “black” population voted for Obama. For many “white” believers, who have heard a lot of dirt about Obama, this is inconceivable.
It’s time for the Body of Christ to step back and consider a few facts.
1. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.( Galatians 3:28 NIV) His body is not black, or white, or pink or purple. His body is the color of God. Surely, the God we love, is grieved when we judge our brother or sister by their skin tone.
2. The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases. Proverbs 21:1 NIV God has used vile men to fulfill his purposes. God has used righteous men to fulfill his purposes. Whether Obama is a righteous man, or filled with evil, only God knows. But God will fulfill his purposes.
3. I am deeply concerned with Obama’s liberal viewpoints, especially re: abortion and homosexuality. Many scriptures point out God will not tolerate the murder of the unborn forever. Neither will he tolerate homosexuality forever.
4. For some, Obama is like King Saul. The people clamored for a king, so God gave them what they wanted. What Obama says publicly is what people have in their hearts.
For others, Obama represents all the repressed peoples of our country, finally getting their voice in government.
With all this in mind, I wrote a letter to a “black” sister whom I respect deeply, asking how Christians could vote for a man who will probably appoint two or more justices to the Supreme Court, setting the cause for overturning Roe v. Wade back for decades. She shot back a most thought-provoking question, asking why Christians depend on presidents and courts to restore righteousness to our land.
She went on to write, “Maybe our prayers ought to be targeted at Christians coming together to address this issue in a more effective way than judging each other.”
5. How easy it is to blame the failures of our nation on administrations, the government, the times we live in, etc. However, the blame starts with the Body of Christ. For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God…1 Peter 4:17 God will judge “his kids” before the ungodly.
6. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one. I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. John 17:22,23) Jesus said this hours before he died for all of us.
Are the “white” believers willing to fellowship with the “black” believers? Are we in complete unity? How can Jesus come and snatch away his long-awaited Bride when she is snipping at herself?
The writer did not vote for Obama because of his liberal agenda. However, her “black” sister greatly changed her heart attitude with the challenges written above. If Obama’s administration does well, can I rejoice with those who rejoice? If his administration goes badly, will I weep with those who weep, or cast stones, saying “I told you so?”
God help us have pure hearts and clean hands. Each of us will stand individually before God. He will judge MY motives. I want my heavenly Father to tell me “well done!”
I willingly humble my heart before him, to advance his purposes, not mine. Anybody else with me on this?
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.