It's easy to critique the works of others and get your work critiqued. Just follow the steps below:
1) Post your first piece.
2) You must then critique the work of another member to post another piece yourself.
3) For each critique you give, you earn 1 credit that can be used to post another one of your writings.
4) You can build up credits to be used at another time by giving critiques to others.
Our Daily Devotional
Place it on your site or
receive it daily by email.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
This article is on dreams. I hope that something resinates in your heart and stirs you to fulfil your God given dream.
God Bless you all and any feedback appreciated.
On 28th August 1963, at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. Martin Luther King made a speech to which is now one of the most memorable the world has ever heard called
“I have a dream”.
The whole version can be read at http://www.americanrhetoric.com. He said in this speech “And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream”
This is so true that we can have dreams but this is outworked in the every day trials and tribulations our God given dreams are achieved. Wordnet defines dream as: “A series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep”
There are many referrals to dreams in the bible such as Genesis 37:5-11, Daniel 2:16-23, Numbers 12:6, 1 Samuel 28:6, Genesis 41:1-36, Acts 2:17, Zechariah 10:2, Jeremiah 23:32, Job 4:13 & 14 but for this article I will be concentrating on Genesis 40.
Genesis 40: The dreams came on the same night when the chief cupbearer and the baker were in prison under the king of Egypt, Pharaoh. “We both had dreams," they answered, "but there is no one to interpret them." Then Joseph said to them, "Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams."
The chief cupbearer’s dream can be read in verses 9 – 15 and respectively the baker’s dream in verses 16 & 17 however it was confirmed that in verses 16 & 22 that Joseph interpreted the dreams correctly for these two men and the cream came to fruition.
Allow me to ask you a number of questions to challenge your heart regarding dreaming:
• Do you have a Martin Luther King dream within you that is big and are determined regardless of the cost to see that dream come to fruition to change your generation for the Glory of God? Do you know what it is or do you need to pray for clarity?
• Do you before you go to sleep each night pray that you will wake up with a God given dream for your life and HE can give you one personally that will make some contribution to the Kingdom of God?
• If God gives you a dream i.e. you will be famous Christian writer how does this materialise in practice, will this be in the form of a sign, picture or words from God?
• If you do not know how to interpret the dream then I pray a Joseph will come along to help you in outwork the dream. Are you called to be a prophet in your generation?
• Have you been to a clairvoyant, spiritualist church to try and gain a dream for your life i.e. regarding employment, education and relationships and how does this compare to dreams God may give or confirm to you if you have asked?
• Do you day dream or have wet dreams instead of God given dreams?
The trouble is that we all want to know what will happen to us each and every day don’t we but a huge part of dreaming is trusting God will do what HE says HE will, sound familiar.
When we ask for God given dreams our lifestyle will have to change, we will have to get out of our comfort zone, fear the unknown & submit ourselves fully to the will of God, just as you are reading this I feel there will be people that will be having words & ideas confirmed, maybe not through anything that is written but as the timing of God moving in your life.
What should you do when you think you have a dream?
o Pray and ask God to clarify this is His will and not your own thinking
o Pray and ask for confirmations that this is your God given dream
o Pray that there will be people that can pray through this vision with you
o Pray that people will come along the journey and see your character develop as you live this out.
o Pray you will keep focused on the dream i.e. I want to be an International Christian Freelance writer and Area HR Manager and never give up on achieving this.
o Pray that past mistakes, fears, thoughts or what people have said will not be a barrier for you moving into a new the will of God and you will be equipped with the right resources
o Finally pray, praise and pray again until HIS work is accomplished through you – Amen!
Lord, have your way in people today, touch people a fresh, encourage and do something amazing in and through your people. I pray there will be open hearts, people desperate to live out your calling to see a change in their lives and the people they minister to.
Lord Jesus, I pray for everyone associated with faithwriters.com that you will give people clear God given dreams to develop their talent for writing, to minister to people across the world in a deeper, more meaningful sense through the words you place in people’s hearts and your presence will touch people as they read articles you want them to.
I pray you will give people dreams of how to use their time more effectively, whether to serve or set up more ministries in church, where their next employment assignment is and who you want people to minister to on a one to one level you will raise people up from where they are now to something amazing in the Lord, start with me today.
Please Jesus, do something special, significant and supernatural and leave no man out as we praise you for what you have, will and can do with anyone who wants to be used by You in the Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
REMEMBER, this is a Critique Circle. Please try to give a critique to receive a critique. If you do not want to give any critiques, you can use the REGULAR ARTICLE SUBMISSION area. If you are unsure about how to critique, please use the CRITIQUE GUIDELINES and CRITIQUE TIPS.
To view your critiques that you receive on any writing, login to your account and click "CRITIQUE CIRCLE MANAGEMENT" to view all of your critiques and edit each piece. Then, click "VIEW CRITIQUES" next to the article title to view critiques on that piece. Comments on all of your writings when using the Critique Circle will not be displayed publicly as regular and writing challenge articles. They can only be viewed by accessing them from your account.