It's easy to critique the works of others and get your work critiqued. Just follow the steps below:
1) Post your first piece.
2) You must then critique the work of another member to post another piece yourself.
3) For each critique you give, you earn 1 credit that can be used to post another one of your writings.
4) You can build up credits to be used at another time by giving critiques to others.
Our Daily Devotional
Place it on your site or
receive it daily by email.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
This article looks at the Great Commision and takes a perspective to which I would like your thoughts and comments please. Thank You.
This is definitely one of the most famous scriptures in the bible and in its full entirety is found here from Matthew 28 v 16 – 20 which is of course the Great Commission to which we will explore later.
“Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Having had a Christian column in a secular paper for years not one person I knew of gave their life to God or were baptised. Have I failed in my duty to evangelise through the media then?
The bible reassures us that 1 Corinthians 15 v 57-58 “But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain”.
It sounds so easy doesn’t it, to talk to people in the street, invite them to church, the following Sunday have a baptism service for the new members and get them involved in the life of the fellowship.
If God is with us till the very end of the age and nothing we do is unproductive as the scriptures say surely it shouldn’t not be hard to get our churches full again or should it?
If a sales manager at a gym can recruit 10 new people to their leisure facilities a week why can’t a pastor get 10 new people into their congregation?
Questions we must ask ourselves:
1. Are we fearful of showing others we are a Christian?
2. Are we worried about being rejected if we share our faith?
3. Do we feel we have the knowledge or confidence to witness to others?
4. Is this the calling for my life or can’t I just serve tea in church or is this the easy way out and others can evangelise?
5. I want to be a famous evangelist like Billy Graham or Charles Wesley! Is there anything special about them because they can convert thousands through preaching the gospel or were they anointed for the season God had in our history
6. Do you have to be a people person to get people into church?
Here are some practical evangelism ideas to out work the Great Commission:
• Invite people to a Alpha Course
• Create or join a group of street pastors praying and talking to people on the streets
• Create or join a local homeless ministry giving out soup, clothes etcetera
• Create or join a prostitution ministry giving out free condoms and sex advise leaflets etcetera
• Create of join a drinking ministry giving out free chips and water etcetera
The list is endless of things that you can do and the more creative the better. What will you do?
Lord Jesus, I pray for people who have a heart for evangelism and sharing the gospel, show them the people you want them to talk to, the things to say and creative ways to preach the gospel. I pray a spirit of revival would hit our nations and you would raise individuals to lead revivals and there would be more Billy Grahams will be lifted up in Jesus Name. Amen.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.