TITLE: Christianity verses other religions
By Mark E Crossley
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
SEND ARTICLE TO A FRIEND
Encyclopaedia Britannia recently published that 32.9% of the world religions are Christians, more than any other religion. Christians are no better than those of other religions or those of no religion we are all in the same boat that we need a Lord and Saviour.
A few interesting statistics which are : 1,700 million Christians, 880 million Muslims, 663 million Hindus and 331 million Buddhists worldwide as published in 2000.
As Christians we need to be positive about other religions and preach the gospel truths like God’s revelation of Jesus through the scriptures and every heart has a longing hunger for God.
If you are an atheist or of other faith there is a god-shaped gap in your heart and if every human being that drives us to search for God. A basic belief is “None shall come to the father but by me”. Jesus is the only name that can save us, it’s above Buddha, Muhammad or Dharma for there is one God and one mediator between God and man the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus is unique in many ways:
1) He is the only one the early church worshipped as God. Peter proclaimed his as the Hold and righteous one and the author of life as he is the Christ.
2) Salvation is found in no other God apart from Jesus Christ.
3) His resurrection is a unique event in the history or the world.
4) Jesus is alive today and we can have a personal relationship with him overall other religions because their Gods are deceased unless you can prove otherwise.
5) In Jesus there is forgiveness of our since and there is not any judgement.
If you are atheist or of another religion, all must hear the gospel to determine the future of earth and heaven because all have sinned and cannot save ourselves from the results of sin and judgement but freedom in Jesus. God bless you today.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.