TITLE: “A Special Day at Sunday-School”
By Christy Bauman
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
SEND ARTICLE TO A FRIEND
1. On Sundays Annie gets up and eats some toast for breakfast. Then she puts on one of her dresses. She likes her blue dress best. It has pink flowers on it! Annie wears a dress because she is going to church today! She goes to church with her mommy, daddy and her little brother Noah.
2. Annie loves her church. She loves seeing all the happy people at her church. Her favorite person to see is Mr. Bill. Mr. Bill is her Sunday-School teacher. He always has a big smile on his face and always wears a colorful tie and a bright shirt.
3. Mr. Bill has been gone though. He went on a trip. He called it a missionâ€™s trip. He went on airplane and flew far away. He was gone for two weeks and Ms. Sarah has been teaching the class. Annie likes Ms. Sarah too. She always smells like flowers! When Annie sees Ms. Sarah she always gives her a hug!
4. Today Mr. Bill is back. His trip is over and Annie and the rest of the kids are very excited to see him. He shows Annie and the rest of the class a big round globe. He points to a small country and tells everyone it is called Haiti. This is where Mr. Bill went. He says Haiti is on a sunny island!
5. Mr. Bill has some photographs to show the class. He shows them pictures of all sorts of things! He has a picture of a tap-tap. He explains this is like a taxi. Annie likes looking at the tap-tap. It is very colorful! He also has pictures of banana trees, palm trees and even a mango tree. Annie has never seen a mango tree!
6. Mr. Bill says he is going to show the class his favorite pictures next. Annie also likes these pictures. She sees so many smiling children. He tells the class one little girlâ€™s name. Her name is Aminada. Aminada is four years old. Annie remembers that Noah is the same age!
7. Mr. Bill says that Aminada is a very beautiful little girl and loves to play hide-and seek. He says that Aminada reminded him of Annie! Annie is glad that Aminada likes hide-and-seek. She loves that game!
8. The next part of Mr. Billâ€™s story makes Annie feel sad. He tells the class how in Haiti sometimes the children do not get enough to eat. They sometimes feel hungry all day. He tells the class how the children in Haiti also do not always have a place to live. They sleep in the street.
9. Annie thought about the good toast she had for breakfast. She also thought of her bed covered with her pretty yellow and pink blanket. She thought that she would be scared if she had to sleep outside. Annie asks Mr. Bill if she could share her breakfast with Aminada sometime.
10. Mr. Bill smiled his big smile and tells Annie how good it is that she wants to share. He tells the class if more people in the world would share less people would have to go hungry. He showed them three more pictures that brought a smile back on Annieâ€™s face.
11. One picture was of Aminada eating a good healthy breakfast of oatmeal. Mr. Bill tells the class that he made that oatmeal! The other picture was of Mr. Bill and some other men building a house. This house was for Aminadaâ€™s family. Mr. Bill said that Annieâ€™s church had shared some of their money. He said it was enough money to build Aminadaâ€™s family a good house. Annie loved her church even more!
12. The last picture was of Aminada and many other Haitian people standing together. They were standing by a building with a cross on the front. Mr. Bill said it was Aminadaâ€™s church. Mr. Bill asked the class if they would pray with him that God would bless the people. Annie asked if she could pray a special prayer for Aminada. Mr. Bill said that was a very good idea.
13. After church Annie told her mommy and daddy all about Mr. Billâ€™s trip. She told them about the mango tree, Aminada, and the church sharing their money. She told them she prayed for Aminada. Her mommy and daddy smiled at her and told her they were very proud of her.
14. Her daddy had a question for Annie. He asked her if she would like to go on a missionâ€™s trip someday. He asked if maybe someday she would like to help build a house too. Annie was exited! She had not thought that she would be able to do something like build a house! Her mommy whispered to her that she can do all things with Godâ€™s help. This brought a big smile to Annieâ€™s face. She knew that she was going to go on a trip someday just like Mr. Bill.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.