It's easy to critique the works of others and get your work critiqued. Just follow the steps below:
1) Post your first piece.
2) You must then critique the work of another member to post another piece yourself.
3) For each critique you give, you earn 1 credit that can be used to post another one of your writings.
4) You can build up credits to be used at another time by giving critiques to others.
Our Daily Devotional
Place it on your site or
receive it daily by email.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
I know I'm less then proficient in my grammar and punctuation - I do go back afterward and make corrections - am more interested in the overall content and message relatability. :)
Training for Reigning
By Missey Butler
Did you know that all of us have been enlisted in a rather intensive spiritual boot-camp?
Remember the patriotic billboard of the elderly gentleman with the tall top hat that sternly pointed his finger and said “UNCLE SAM WANTS YOU?” Well, in a similar fashion God wants all of us, who are called by His name, to willingly surrender our lives to the cause and the advancement of His Heavenly Kingdom.
Daily we are being brought into a strict regiment of preparation. As we are led through this course of basic training, we are instructed to build up our spiritual endurance and stamina. One of the ways we do that is by the various trials and testing that come our way. Every time we resist, every time we flee, every time we say “No” to ungodliness, we become stronger in Spirit.
There is one particular obstacle course that must be successfully completed in order to become a manifested son of God. It is the test of dying to one’s self. When we run this course of dying to self, and walk in complete and total union with the Lord, we then become qualified to rule and reign with our King, Jesus Christ. Here are some of the objectives:
• When your good is evil spoken of, when your wishes are crossed, your advice disregarded, your opinions ridiculed, and you refuse to let anger rise in your heart, or even defend yourself, but take it all in patient and loving silence. – then you are dying to self.
• When you are content with any food, any offering, and raiment, any climate, any society, and solitude, any interruption of the will of God – then you are dying to self.
• When you never care to refer to yourself in conversation, or to record your own good works or itch after commendation, when you are truly satisfied to be unknown- then you are dying to self.
• When you can see your brother prosper and have his needs met, and can honestly rejoice with him in spirit and feel no envy nor question God, while your own needs are far greater and in desperate circumstance – then you are dying to self.
• When you can receive correction and reproof from one of less stature than yourself and can humbly submit inwardly as well as outwardly finding no rebellion or resentment rising up within your heart – then you are dying to self.
• When you are forgotten, neglected, or purposely set aside as nothing, and you personally don’t sting or hurt with the insult or the oversight, but your heart is happy, being counted worthy to suffer with Christ – then you are dying to self.
Are you feeling like you can never successfully finish the course? You are right. YOU CANNOT! But the Christ in you…can! Be encouraged company of saints, remember, the Kingdom of God is within you. As you allow the King of Kings to rule and reign within your very being, He takes over where you leave off and before you realize it, He is perfecting that which concerns you! He leaves us with a wonderful promise in Jude 24:
To him who is able to keep you from falling and present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy. (Jude 24)
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.