TITLE: What Prayer Means to me?
By karen McLamb
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
SEND ARTICLE TO A FRIEND
Now in this world we need folks to pray like never before.
I hope it's help you, also send it to a freind to help them. Folks remember take out time to pray.
if anything e-mail me.
Prayer is a conversation with God… the intercourse of the soul with God… not in contemplation or meditation, but in direct address to him.
Prayer is reverent conversation with God
Prayer can be oral or mental occasional or constant ejaculatory or formal it is “beseeching the Lord” (Ex.32:11)
“Pouring out the soul before the Lord”
“Praying and crying to heaven”
“Seeking unto God and Making supplication”
“Drawing near to God”
“Bowing the knees”
Prayer must also be in faith that God is, the hearer and answerer of prayer, and he will fulfill his word.
There are 3”D’s” that we go through when we develop a prayer life!
1. Starting with a desire to pray
2. Now add discipline to the desire to pray
3. After which your prayer will be a delight
4. There are also some principles to prayer…
1. Privately--- in our secret closets
2. Sincerely--- use not vain repetitions… fruitless/meaningless prayers
3. faithfully ---confidently
4. Specifically--- The body of what has been called “The Lord’s Prayer”
Appellation: Our Father which art in heaven
Adoration: Hallowed be thy name
Expectation: Thy Kingdom come
Submission: Thy will be done
Petition: Give us this day our daily bread
Confession: Forgive us our debts
Request: Lead us not into temptation
Praise: For thine is the Kingdom, and the power, and the glory for ever. AMEN!
This what Prayer means to me!
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.