It's easy to critique the works of others and get your work critiqued. Just follow the steps below:
1) Post your first piece.
2) You must then critique the work of another member to post another piece yourself.
3) For each critique you give, you earn 1 credit that can be used to post another one of your writings.
4) You can build up credits to be used at another time by giving critiques to others.
Our Daily Devotional
Place it on your site or
receive it daily by email.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
I write a Christian devotional blog called Predatory Lies. (http://www.benjity.wordpress.com)
Someday, I hope to compile many of my postings along with some of my other material, into an encouraging book for women.
Please, give me any advice you have!
Truth in love. How real is that? For me, the truth is either obvious and commonly accepted or a source of contention best buried inside and kept to oneís self.
The truth is, Iím jealous. The truth is I am angry, my pride is hurt and Iím frustrated that Iíve been this way so long. As I look at the object of my envy, I long so much to be brilliant, valuable, funny, adventurous, creative, spontaneous, intelligent, forceful, strong and independent. The more I stare at her seemingly, carved-ivory perfection, I feel empty, carved out and caving in, but I am never able to simply collapse and rest.
As I sat praying about all this, I heard the Holy Spirit say, ďAbby, none of these things are the fruit of my spirit. How do you plan to cultivate these things without my favor?Ē The Spirit also began to speak to me about love. Specifically that I am called to speak the truth in love (Eph. 4:15) and that love is NOT jealous, self-seeking, rude, easily angered or bitter. (1 Cor. 13)
Next, He began to whisper short, sweet sentences to me:
- Love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8)
- Speaking the truth in love rules out giving someone the silent treatment
- Bear with one another in love (Col. 3:13)
- Perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18) Even fears of caving in, of being empty.
Sometimes I have wondered why Paul insisted that faith and hope remain with love. I have to hope that Jesus will be faithful to create His love in me.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.