It's easy to critique the works of others and get your work critiqued. Just follow the steps below:
1) Post your first piece.
2) You must then critique the work of another member to post another piece yourself.
3) For each critique you give, you earn 1 credit that can be used to post another one of your writings.
4) You can build up credits to be used at another time by giving critiques to others.
Our Daily Devotional
Place it on your site or
receive it daily by email.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
It's been quite awhile since I've submitted anything new to faithwriters, at least several months or so. But since I'm paying to be a member on FW every month I might as well use it! :) This is an updated version of a short piece I wrote around '09, with an actual list this time. Maybe if I get my feet wet again I'll be ready to jump back in the ocean of writing. Thanks for your critiques! Tell me how to make it the best I can. Hope this hasn't been done before.
If you’re wondering whether or not you should give your life to Christ I can help you with that decision. Here are ten reasons why you may want to think twice about it.
1. You must surrender your self-centered plans to a God who knows what's best for you and everyone else. You can't do whatever you want and wreck your life as you choose. (And there are many great ways to wreck your life)
2. You’re supposed to go to an evangelical Bible-teaching church that stands on truth and love instead of believing what you want. So if you want to believe that you’ll reincarnate as a cute little chipmunk or a dinosaur some day, I’m afraid you won’t have that luxury. I know, it’s sad. I personally think it would be fun to come back as a wolf. Just imagine, howling at the moon, running with my pack, hunting with them. Uh… anyway…
3. You must be around people who should love you but are imperfect. How imperfect? Just as imperfect as you are.
4. You’re encouraged to give ten percent of everything you earn to God's Kingdom. Even though you can't take anything with you when you die, and it's all God's money anyway, and He'll bless you for blessing others, it's still ten percent. That’s a lot.
5. You must witness to unbelievers. It’s the greatest thing you could ever do for someone and they would be eternally grateful one day, but it still could be embarrassing and some will make fun of you, which is the worst possible thing that could happen to you.
6. You must help the poor, widows, orphans, the hungry, and the naked which will make an eternal difference, but it’s not always fun and can be totally uncool. They may not even repay you for helping them.
7. You must read from a very old book that can be hard to understand and pray to Someone you can't see. He will bless you, instruct you, challenge you, and refresh you, but you could still spend your time chasing other more fun, pointless pursuits (like watching every single episode of every show on Netflix.)
8. A big one: you can't date whoever you want. Instead of only giving your affection to physically attractive people you must select people on their heart and relationship with God. Though there are good-looking Christians out there with “31 status,” they may not be as good-looking as the bad boys or girls. Is that really worth it? Before you say yes you may want to do some travelling.
9. You can't live like the rest of the world and go with the flow, but must stand up for what’s right in the name of Christ. It's the best and only way to live, but do you really want to be as unpopular as the Old Testament prophets? I mean, they were way unpopular. If they had been in high school they would have been ranked far below the nerds.
10. You'll have to go live in paradise with God and other believers instead of getting to live without Him in a place with a warmer climate away from a stuffy God.
Now that you know the reasons, here are ten good reasons why you shouldn’t give your life to Christ:
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.