So, you’re thinking about Advertising on Internet Radio, eh?
by Michael Tummillo
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
How quickly is Internet Radio growing? Who listens to Internet Radio? Why are Internet Radio ads so effective? Here are some highlights from recent studies:
* 42 million people listen to Internet Radio each week, a 27% increase from 2008.
* Internet Radio listeners are more likely to be affluent, educated and employed.
* Internet Radio is the soundtrack to online activity, with 47% reporting listening while researching products on a website.
Source: Arbitron and Edison Media Research's “The Infinite Dial 2009”
Though your ads may reach many listeners outside your regional area, if the worldwide demographics appeal to you and you have no marketing limitations, this medium could be just what the doctor ordered.
Here are some TIPS for those considering an Internet Radio campaign:
* Test a new offer. About 28 percent of internet broadcast users are likely to try a new product or service vs. 17 percent of non-broadcast users. So launching a new product through Internet Radio could give your initial sales a boost. You'll also likely receive immediate customer feedback or testimonials to help you further refine your product or service and marketing pitch.
* Appeal to a "hip" audience. Although the age range of broadcast users is 12 to 54 years old, the highest concentration of users falls into the 12- to 34-year-old group. They are a technologically savvy group in tune with DVDs, cell phones, messaging, video games and other media products. Communication gadgets will sell well to this crowd. Yet, even if you aren't promoting these types of devices, tailor your advertisement's message to address the concerns, needs and wants of a sophisticated young audience.
* Use a URL in your ad. Forty-two percent of the internet radio audience has listened in while shopping or researching a product or service online, so invite them to your website. To sweeten the offer and track your radio advertising results, promote a particular page on your site. You can use web analytics to track page traffic and also embed code in the links on this page to track leads and sales from it as well.
Wondering where to start with Internet Radio?
According to their website, Global Talk radio (GTR) began streaming in April, 2005. They've received approximately 4,000,000 hits in their first year and were nearing the 20,000,000-hit mark as of May 1st. Over one thousand unique listeners tune in each day, primarily to listen to archives of interest on-demand. Many listeners stream through multiple archives of different shows in one visit. GTR claims, "...our audience is soaring! In fact, Global Talk Radio has earned the reputation of "the fastest growing internet talk radio station"."
On May 18th, Quantcast.com reported that GTR's traffic is pacing a 117% growth over last month! People are tuning in! (Quantcast directly-measures more than 10 million web destinations and provides agencies and marketers with a free service for evaluating them against specific audience criteria - demographics, geography and affinities).
In addition, one of GTR’s newest programs is called “The Church @ Work,” hosted by a 10-year online ministry pioneer with a huge online following. It’s a program that could reap immediate results for its sponsors.
Internet Talk Radio: Does this medium have a future?
Who could have looked into their crystal ball and determined that the Internet revolution would grow into the monster it has become?
Michael Harrison is the founder and publisher of “Talkers” magazine, the talk-radio industry's leading trade journal. He has spent more than 40 years in radio and said, “…the talk radio universe is affected by the economy, and the recession has been brutal to all advertising-based media. AM and FM radio are also faced with technological change taking away its monopoly on mass-appeal audio entertainment and information. You've got competition from cable television; you've got iPods and podcasts and iTunes; you've got satellite radio… you have the Internet, which is changing everything. That being said, within the world of radio, talk has a huge following that's growing. The baby boomers grew up with radio. Radio personalities meant something in their life. They know how to use a radio… Many kids today don't even have radios. The biggest problem facing radio is that the younger generation doesn't think of it as an institutional component of day-to-day life. And if people stop thinking of radio that way, then what's the value of owning a license to broadcast? That's why radio is in trouble… AM/FM radio has about five good years left, if that. What we consider to be radio today will soon be on the Internet. The Internet is not only going to change radio; it's going to change humanity. That's how profound this revolution in communication will be…”
John Dvorak of PCMAG.COM wrote, "By its nature, the Internet can distribute the "signal" or show around the world to every nook and cranny. And it can do it while providing high quality at each locale...Internet radio can stream in real time or be obtained on demand as needed. You can listen to what you want when you want. This is a big competitive advantage...The death blow, though, always comes down to money. The expense of streaming over the Internet is a fraction of what transmitter-based broadcasting costs. There is no big antenna, no transmitters, no special studios. Nothing within reason can change this metric...you have to wonder: When will the last terrestrial transmitter get turned off? Well, this sort of thing never happens overnight, but certainly by 2020."
Before launching your own Internet Radio ad campaign, Advertisers are encouraged to tune in and experience it. That way you’'ll get acquainted with the new broadcast world of your future customers.
If you have a service, a product, or a website the world needs to know about, Internet Radio ads are inexpensive and reaching a worldwide, ever-growing market…it’s worth considering!
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Michael Tummillo or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.