Yes, my precious one, you are about to begin that new chapter in your life, to venture into strange and unfamiliar places. Allow me to share some advice with you, hopefully it can be used as a foundation for all those future decisions yet to be made. There are still 'absolutes' in the world today, in spite of the current political correct thinking in that you have the power within yourself to set your own rules, control your destiny.
1. We can be absolutely sure of God's SOVEREIGNTY: When we see the vastness of the heavens, the variety in life and the intricate details of our bodies, we must believe that there is a mastermind behind it all. Colossians 1:15-16
2. We can be absolutely sure of God's PRESENCE : Our Creator has made us with a aspecial place in our hearts reserved only for Himself. The worship of material things, knowledge, sports and people will never be able to fill that place. Romans 8:9
3. We can be absolutely sure of God's RIGHTEOUSNESS : His name is holy. We respect the names of Mohammed, Buddah, the Pope and Abraham Lincoln. His name is greater then these and deserves to be used with dignity, befitting the great "I AM", Father of all Creation. Revelation 1:8
4. We can be absolutely sure of God's INSTRUCTION : A day each week should be set aside to honor and reflect upon the awesomeness of His character. Our Father God wants us to know Him better on a one to one basis without all the distractions in daily life. We can know him better through the reading of His words of wisdom and counsel, through the appreciation of His care and intercession and through prayer and praise. II Timothy 3:16
5. We can be absolutely sure of God's DISCIPLINE : His greatest commandment is to love Him with all our heart, soul and might and to love our neighbor as ourselves. This is the key to eliminating violence and crime from the face of the earth. When you love someone your wishes are not to bring them harm. When you respect your home and planet you will not bring upon it pollution and destruction. When we do wrong and break the rules we will pay the price. This is called discipline. A concept that is not popular in todays society that considers it to be outdated and no longer applicable in raising a family. Our Father god will discipline His children, those that belong to Him. In todays world the new 'self esteem' thinking is in, discipline is out. Hebrews 12:7-11
6. We can be absolutely sure of God's LOVE : As we get to know Him better our love for Him will reflect back upon those around us, like a ripple in the water, to our friends, our relatives and our parents. Why does he care so much about every detail in our lives--because He loves us. As we sense and feel this love we will want to pass it on. I John 4:9,10
Read more articles by Lupie Riley or search for articles on the same topic or others.