1. I’d like to but … I can’t afford it.
Yet we eat out nearly every meal-
We subscribe to every cell phone, TV, & internet gadget that crosses our path.
2. I know it’s a great opportunity but … I’m really too busy.
Yet we spend hours on chat rooms, playing video games, or talking on our cell phones.
3. I’d wanted to but … my grandmother (or another person) got ill.
Yet we haven’t visited them previously in decades!
4. I intended to get it done but … I just didn’t have the time.
Yet we sleep late on Saturday -
Play golf or go shopping after we get up.
Then watch TV until all hours every night.
5. I know I should quit but … I’m just not able to.
Yet we stock our shelves or refrigerator with….??
6. I know we need extra money but … I don’t have enough hours in my day for a part-time job.
Yet we leave work and stop off at a coffee shop, or pool hall.
We sleep in Saturdays, then watch a ball game all afternoon.
7. I know I need to be more disciplined, but … I’m, well, what can I say, I’m only human!
Yet we continue to subscribe to movie channels, internet, and magazines that feed our addictions.
8. I know my children misbehave but … I just can’t do a thing with them.
Yet we spend more time on the phone with friends than talking to our children about what is important.
9. I know I need to take vitamin supplements but … I don’t want to upset the medicine I’m on.
Yet we stuff our self with junk food-
We buy fast food - tamales - or meat cuts, etc. that are handled by who knows who -- and whose hands have handled who knows what.
10. I know I should go to church but … I need Sunday to rest.
Yet we mow our yard and trim the shrubs-
Jog five miles-
Cut firewood for the smoker.
Hmmm … I wonder!
“Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in thy holy hill?… He that …speaketh the truth in his heart.” Psalm 15:1, 2 “Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.” Proverbs 23:23. “He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity” Proverbs 22:8.