Kids & Parenting
6 Steps To Helping Your Teen Balance Work & School
by Annagail Lynes
Free to Share
Free to Share
Are you still looking for ways to balance your home life with your work life? So is your teen. He has to rush to school in the morning, basketball practice after school, then to his job in the evening. When he comes home, he finishes his homework. He loses sleep, isnít eating well and is short tempered. These are signs of stress. And if they arenít dealt with, he may become sick or even fall asleep while driving, causing harm to himself and others.
How can you help him balance work, school and his other commitments? Here are six steps to guide you:
1. Before he searches for a job, sit down with your teen. Make a list of his commitments, then decide what days and times he can work.
2. When he is offered a job, ask for a job description. If the job demands too much or will be too tiring, consider turning it down.
3. Figure out a transportation schedule. If he doesnít have a car, other transportation, such as taking the bus or riding his bike, must be discussed.
4. Once he has accepted a job, respect his choice. Encourage him to be on time for every shift and to be respectful to his customers and supervisors. Explain to him that skipping shifts to hang out with his friends is not an option.
5. Track his progress in school. Grades and test papers are an excellent way to do this. Feel free to check with his teachers as well.
6. If signs of stress occur, sit down and figure out what commitments need to be dropped.
Planning ahead will reduce your teenís stress. With a good nightís sleep, proper eating habits and less stress, your teen will achieve more. He will get better grades, be more productive at work and be less of a bear to live with.
I am not in the Private Messenger. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Annagail Lynes or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.