Junior High And High School Years And Life
1. If you think some of your teachers and principals are mean and unreasonable, just wait until you get managers, drill sergeants, supervisors, bosses and have to meet the public.
2. Life is not fair. Get use to it! The average junior high and high school pre-teen and teens uses the statement “It’s not fair!” roughly 6 times a day.
3. The real world does not care about your well being, your self-esteem, or whether you do well on the job as much as your teachers do. This may come as a complete shock to you!
4. It’s not your mother and/or father’s fault if you mess up! It’s your responsibility. This is the reality of “It’s my life!”, “I can do what I want!”, “Let me do it myself! You're not tellin' me what to do!”
5. Before you were born, your parents were not boring. They got that way providing you with food, clothing, shelter, taking care of you when you got sick, paying your bills, listening to you and trying to keep you from doing yourself in or something stupid.
6. Sorry, you will not earn $130,000 right after you leave Junior High School or graduate from high school. Nor will you be a CEO, military General, supervisor, boss, get a company car, secretary, expense account, brand new house (pad). You may even have to wear a uniform that frowns on seeing your navel or pants sliding down on your behind.
7. Sweeping floors, cleaning toilets, windows and trash cans is NOT beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for such activities—they called it “opportunity” bro/babe!
8. Life is not divided into school years. You won’t generally get summers off. There are no spring breaks or fall breaks. Christmas break is usually one or two days long. You will be expected to show everyday for eight hours or more. If not, you will sooner or later be looking for other opportunities for self support and financial independence.
9. Drinking alcoholic beverage and getting drunk does not make you cool. Watch a two month old infant drinking from its bottle. That’s what you look like to anyone over the age of 19 years.
10. The school you attend may be “outcome based” but life is NOT. In many schools, maybe yours, you are given many opportunities to come up with a right answer. These days standards are sometimes set so that anyone can meet them. There is nothing similar in real life as your will learn—for some real soon!
11. Your teachers are concerned about your well-being and that you succeed. Your boss or supervisors are concerned about whether you can do the job. Your success depends on YOU!
12. Making out in the hallways in school often time get little or no corrective action. In the real world, sexual harassment—loss of a job, fine (big fine, big time!) and maybe jail time.
13. Freedom does not mean saying what you want when you want. Doing it responsibly is the key. Otherwise, what you say may be called slander and your actions criminal.
14. Many of you believe there is no hell or hell is on earth and in the present. Christ says otherwise!
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Stephen A. Peterson or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.