What do you say to yourself when you look in the mirror?
Do you compliment yourself or are your eyes automatically drawn to the flaws that you see? If we are honest with ourselves, most of us are very critical of ourselves—in fact, we are our biggest critics.
Now let me ask you this—what do you think God says about you? Would God ever call you any of the unflattering names you call yourself?
David prayed to God that the words of his mouth and the meditation of his heart would
be pleasing in the Lord’s sight. Let that be your prayer also.
We sometimes say a lot of thoughtless and often self-deprecating things about ourselves—at times we are not even conscious of what we are saying.
Speak the word of God over your life. When Jesus was being tempted in the dessert he said that man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of his mouth. He told us that every word we say can give us life.
Ask the Holy Spirit to make you more conscious of the negative words that you speak about yourself.
God will honor your request to release weight and live in good health, but you have to align your words with your desires. God honors commitment, not wants and wishes.
Try some of these tips to help you develop a positive attitude towards your body:
• Read something daily that supports your new level of awareness – a fitness magazine, motivational book, the Bible.
• Encourage someone else who is facing challenges similar to yours.
• Ask your friends and family to hold you accountable if they hear you speaking in non-supportive ways.
• Always speak in a positive way about your body, and other people’s bodies.
• See your health as a lifelong journey that constantly ebbs and flows -- you are not your weight and you are not your appearance only.
• Cultivate a sense of gratitude for everything -- gratitude cultivates positivity. Write down the things you are grateful for, so you don’t forget, and start with gratitude for your health daily.
• Revel in the mundane about your body -- walking, moving, and eating, for example – these are privileges that not everyone gets to experience.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Cathy Morenzie or search for articles on the same topic or others.