It's Love or Nothing (I Corinthians 13 and I John 4:7-11)
1) Love is commitment...something you DO. (I John 3:14-18)
2) Love is a 5 letter word...CROSS. (John 15:13)
Love has no limit to it's endurance...
No end to it's trust...
No fading of it's hope....
It can outlast ANYTHING!
3) God loves us unconditionally...and we should also.
He (and we) will not like the sin, but we will love the sinner.
There is never a time God loves you more or less than He always has.
4) Love is fruit of the spirit from which all other 8 fruits come. (Galatians 5: 22-23)
5) Love is the only motive for service and ministry. (I Cor. 13:1-3 and II Cor. 5:14)
A man had a weather vane with 'God is Love' on it.
A neighbor asked, "Does that mean that God's love is as changeable as the weather?"
"No', the man replied, 'it means that whichever way the wind blows, God is Love!"
6) Two great commandments are:
"Love God with all you heart, soul, mind and strength"
"Love your neighbor as yourself." (Mark 12: 28-31)
7) If we love like Jesus (and we should) we will love with emotion and feelings.
When Jesus wept, the unbelievers knew that He loved. (John 11:35-36)
Real men DO cry!
8) Emotion, feeling and sensitivity will lead to a conviction about sin...
and a burden for the lost. (Romans 9:1-3 and 10: 1-4)
9) We will also love those in our church and fellow Christians in other churches. (Galatians 6:10)
10) Love never fails. (I Cor. 13:8)
But couple Love with Faith and Hope.
Faith is how you know where you're going....
Hope keeps you going.....
Love is how you get there.
11) We love God by loving others. (Matt:25:35-40)
Jesus told the story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)
When Jesus is Lord of Life, you forfeit forever the right to choose 'whom' you will love.
12) A man in Redwood City, California committed suicide and left a note:
"You have to have love to live".
Jesus gives life.....(John 10:10) and love (Romans 8:37-39).
13) Real love is:
Willing to sacrifice.
Real love holds nothing back...gives itself to subject loved. (II Cor. 5:21)
Agape-type love uses things...and loves people.
Eros-type love uses people...and loves things!
14) Real love (Agape) reaches out for unworthy persons, realizing that:
That person was created in the image of God...
Died for by Jesus...
Has tremendous potential..
Is headed for Heaven or hell.
Also, real love will forgive and allow God's grace to help us forget harsh words...
and unkind actions.
Real love will 'practice what it preaches'.
15) If God's love is inside, it will find expression.
Don't suppress love....overflow and be a channel of blessing!
Impression without expression brings depression!
Many men do not show love. Let God do a miracle in you!
He saved you and that's the greatest miracle of all. So now, let Him help you grow!
16) Agape Love is primarily a love that motivates the Will which leads to:
This kind of love asks no reward...just to be allowed to go on loving more and more.
I know of no better word to close with, than this poem by John Oxenham.
'Love ever gives...forgives....outlives....and ever stands with open hands.
For while Love gives, it lives....and while Love lives, it gives.
Yes, this is Love's perogative....to give and give and give.'
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Travis Wiginton or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Thank you for this beautifully written love letter. This definitely goes on my list of favorites. The Lord Bless You.