Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus
  



The HOME for Christian writers! The Home for Christian Writers!



 
Family PLEASE ENCOURAGE THE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING

  LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE   SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
  HIRE THIS WRITER
REPORT ARTICLE

 TRACK THIS AUTHOR ADD TO MY FAVORITES
corner
What's New
 
corner
 
Freda's Foibles My Writing
by Freda Douglas
06/27/08
Free to Share
Author requests article critique


  Mail
 





I am not the best writer in the world. My pride and the opinions of my readers, say I’m not the worst one in the world either. It puzzles me why more people haven’t purchased my second book “Winds of Change”.

Winds of Change, although fiction, parallels my own life. Not that I am in a wheelchair for the reason my heroine is [she is in one from an accident – and she is young and I was 61 when I had my stroke] but I have felt and gone through the same changes in my life.

Another difference is that I did my volunteerism before I had my stroke. Becca did it after her accident. But I knew how to “shrink” a stump as she learned to do while volunteering because my first husband lost his leg due to diabetes and his therapist taught me how to “shrink” his stump.

Where Becca had the support of her family and her church family to help her adjust to her situation I had the help of my medical careperson to keep my technical facts in the proper format and a friend who brought my book back to life after my computer crashed. I don't want to leave out Linda. I came into her life before the book was finished and she was the first one to read it before it was even published. She is my encourager and critic.

You can buy the book, in either soft cover bound for $19.95 plus shipping and handling or immediate read ebook format for $17.95 at www.booklocker.com/books/3303.html. Send your receipt to gloryb2u@fredadouglas.com and I’ll reciprocate with a gift for you.

Happy reading!

Have you noticed the post offices have abandoned all symbols and mention of God? Did you realize only 17% of the people in the United States DO NOT believe in God, but those 17% are telling the rest of the population 83% what we can or can not do.

That brings something else to mind. How many of our government elected officials are even Christian to let 17% [ which in anybody’s math makes them in the minority] tell 83% of the people what they cannot do or say?

Our history books tell us this country was founded on freedom of religion and freedom of speech. I know ‘it is hard to fight City Hall’ and it may not help but I put ‘IN GOD WE TRUST.’ at the top of my email signature and Linda, my best friend/caregiver made stickers with IN GOD WE TRUST on them and she puts one on every piece she takes to the post office.

What will you do to help the cause?

IN GOD WE TRUST! Remember, God loves you and so do I.
*********************************************
Buy Winds of Change by Freda Douglas at
www.booklocker.com/books/3303.html

The finest and best training for NWM can be found at
www.ultimatesuccesscds.com/cmd.asp?af=788629
************************************************




If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW

Read more articles by Freda Douglas or search for articles on the same topic or others.


Read More - Free Reprints, Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Christian writers can JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and help spread the Gospel.


The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.

Hire a Christian Writer, Christian Writer Wanted, Christian Writer Needed, Christian Content Needed
Find a Christian Editor, Hire a Christian Editor, Christian Editor, Find a Christian Writer
 
corner
Corner
This article has been read 540 times     < Previous | Next >


Member Comments
Member Date




TRUST JESUS TODAY











Free Audio Bible
500 Plus Languages
Faith Comes By Hearing.com