In our marriage vows we said, “For better or for worst, in sickness and in health till death do us part” At 23 and 24 years of age we were clueless that the words of these vows spoke the truth.
24 years of better and worst;
1. Two beautiful children, T.J. and Jennifer.
2. One miscarriage with an unknown child waiting for us in heaven.
3. Lots of wonderful days with many family and friends enjoying the beautiful company of love and fellowship.
4. We have had many days which were spent at a graveside saying good-bye to beloved family members and friends.
5. Many healthy days enjoying the company of each other; as we hiked together; laughed together and enjoyed the sunshine of life.
6. We fought skin cancer, colds, flu, broken bones, surgeries, child-illnesses and very painful days together.
7. We ministered in seven different ministries over the 24 years; we watched God bless, we saw lives saved; marriages reconciled; prayers answered and developed life long friendships. God blessed our ministry in a special ways.
8. We ministered in seven different ministries over 24 years; we experienced conflict; we watched people reject God; we saw marriages break-up and felt deep sorrow over many things that happened. We often moved because of my immaturity; my inability to handle conflict and my lack of personal contentment. Yet my greatest fan is “Kim”.
9. We have watched God provide in special ways for our many needs.
10. We have spent our last dollar on diapers and prayed for God to provide for our next meal.
11. We have held hands in joy.
12. Kim has wiped my butt and fed me food because I could not even hold a spoon.
13. We kissed each other with delight.
14. Our lips on a few bad days; have spoken words out of anger and frustration to each other.
15. We have prayed for our family members, our friends, our children and our ministries.
16. We have been sleepless over our family members, our friends, our children and our ministries.
17. We have been blessed with friendships that have lasted through the years.
18. There are old friends who have been lost and we grieve their absence.
19. We have experienced laughter, sunshine, wonder, blessings and joys.
20. We have experienced sorrow, thunder-storms, confusion, broken dreams and tears.
21. We have a beautiful home, some cars that run from time to time and lots of other stuff.
22. We had a broken down mobile home in Lake Ann, the two bedroom apartment in Northville, the starter home in Livonia, the parsonage in Parma, the mobile home at Teen Ranch, the Salmon colored house in downtown TC, the house on Shumsky, the home in Lamar estates, the ancient Subaru station wagon, two Escort wagons filled with baby seats, the Corsica that went to over 200,000 miles, the VW rabbit, two Dodge Caravans, the Blue Jeep, a couple of Ford Taurus, lots of broken appliances, many baby toys, every type of video game, lots of bikes, sofas of about every color, many different sizes of clothes, records, VCR’s, tapes, CD’s and lots of junk that went to Goodwill.
23. 24 years of never being sorry about God’s gift of a marriage partner!
24. A life-time seems to short.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE Read more articles by Tim Manzer or search for other articles by topic below.
An Inspiring Life-List. Congratulations on 24 years of marriage!
After 24 years it's the contrast or counterpoint between the joys and sorrows that create a rich marriage melody. My husband and I will be married 24 years at the end of this month also. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for the sorrows too.