“So let no one make rules about what you eat or drink or about holy days or the New Moon festival or the Sabbath. All such things are only a shadow of things in the future; the reality is Christ. Do not allow yourselves to be condemned by anyone who claims to be superior because of special visions and who insists on false humility and the worship of angels.” (Colossians 2:1-18)
Beloved Saints in Christ Jesus, with an urgency in Spirit I am moved to write a article on the “So-Called” Biblical teachings that are in know days been preached by one of the renowned American Preacher on a Christian Television Network. The topic is about keeping/ celebrating Jewish Passover Festival as God had instructed people of Israel in Exodus 23. The Preacher teaches that If one shall keep the Passover Lord shall surely bless him/her with seven different blessings. The preacher as “Born-Again Christian” notes, understands and believes the importance of the sacrificial lamb’s blood at Passover as a shadow and type of the greater sacrifice: the crucifixion of Jesus Christ…the Lamb of God yet the preacher stresses to commemorate “Passover”.
Saints the hour has come when we have to keep our Spiritual eyes and mind open towards the hollow and deceptive theological theories that are been preached, practiced, and promoted by some of the “So-Called Leading Preachers” that are upsetting the faith of new-born believers as well as bringing an stumbling stone in the life of maturing Christians. To our surprise we find that many born-again Christians are persuaded and are been taken captive in these sorts of teachings and are actually becoming part of heresies by accepting the teaching first of all and then following and observing the same- making their Spiritual freedom in jeopardy- the freedom whose costly price has been paid by the sacrifice of God’s one and only begotten Son Christ Jesus on the cross of Calvary.
Passover is the name given to the chief of the three great historical annual festivals of the Jews. It was kept in remembrance of the Lord's passing over the houses of the Israelites (Exodus 12:13) when the first born of all the Egyptians were destroyed. It is called also the "feast of unleavened bread" (Exodus 23:15; Mark 14:1; Acts of the Apostles 12:3), because during its celebration no leavened bread was to be eaten or even kept in the household (Exodus 12:15). The word afterwards came to denote the lamb that was slain at the feast (Mark 14:12-14; 1 Corinthians 5:7).
A detailed account of the institution of this feast is given in Exodus 12 and 13. It was afterwards incorporated in the ceremonial law (Leviticus 23:4-8) as one of the great festivals of the nation. In after times many changes seem to have taken place as to the mode of its celebration as compared with its first celebration (comp. Deuteronomy 16:2,5,6; 2 Chronicles 30:16; Leviticus 23:10-14; Numbers 9:10,11; Numbers 28:16-24). Again, the use of wine (Luke 22:17,20), of sauce with the bitter herbs (John 13:26), and the service of praise were introduced.
Passover was primarily a commemorative ordinance, reminding the children of Israel of their deliverance out of Egypt; but it was, no doubt, also a type of the great deliverance wrought by the Messiah for all his people from the doom of death on account of sin, and from the bondage of sin itself, a worse than Egyptian bondage (1 Corinthians 5:7; John 1:29; John 19:32-36; 1 Peter 1:19; Galatians 4:4,5).
Many argue that Christ himself kept the Passover and so we should also do the same- Yes Christ kept the passover so that all the legalities of Law can be fulfilled. Bible clearly says in Galatians 4:4-5, “ But when the right time finally came, God sent his own Son. He came as the son of a human mother and lived under the Jewish Law, to redeem those who were under the Law, so that we might become God’s Son.” Christ himself has spoken in the Gospel of Matthew, “ Do not think that I have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the teachings of the Prophets. I have not come to do away with them, but to make their teachings come true.” Christ knew that He was sent by the Heavenly Father to be born under the Law, live as per the law, and thereby fulfill all the legal requirements of the Law of Moses so that the Jewish people may receive freedom from the bondage of Law- For no one is put right in God’s sight by doing what the Law requires; what the Law does is to make know that he has sinned. What Law does is that brings forth condemnation and Judgment.
In the times of Paul there were Jews who masqueraded themselves as believers of Christ Jesus and secretly slipped into the groups of the born-again believers so that they can find fault with Paul’s ministry and find out what sort of freedom believers enjoyed in Christ Jesus; there were some who taught heresies which aimed at alienization of believers from Christ Jesus; there were others who taught that one must keep the Law of Moses even after being saved by the grace of the Almighty, there were others who taught that actually the resurrection has already happened- right from the time of birth of Christ’s Church violent attacks are been frequently made by the enemies of the Gospel to upset believers faith but the enemy shall never succeed in its purposes because the Lord our God has revealed His Truth to us in Christ Jesus and in His word.
In these last days Preachers are popping out from every where just as frogs pops out during the rainy season; there are many who for the “Love of Money” are upsetting and building a blockade in the life of the believers by preaching false and Un-Biblical doctrines; some threatens the Church by preaching that If one shall not bring the whole Tithe, God’s curse will swallow them; Some Preach to keep Sabbath Day Holy-refraining people from doing even their daily Chores, Some Preach to keep the Ten Commandments, Some preach to keep Passover and other Jewish Festivals. Bible warns us of preachers such as these who comes to us in the skin of Lambs but are ferocious wolves from inside.
Saints kindly consider these verses from the Bible that clarifies unto us that we are no longer under the Law but are under the Grace of God, which has been revealed unto us through the coming of our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus.
1) Now before faith came we were held in custody under the law, being kept as prisoners until the coming faith would be revealed. Thus the law had become our guardian until Christ, so that we could be declared righteous by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian. For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God through faith. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female – for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to the promise.
2) But we know that the law is good if someone uses it legitimately, realizing that law is not intended for a righteous person, but for lawless and rebellious people, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, sexually immoral people, practicing homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers – in fact, for any who live contrary to sound teaching. This accords with the glorious gospel of the blessed God.
3) We know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by the faithfulness of Christ and not by the works of the law, because the works of the law will justify no one
4) Did you receive the Spirit by doing the works of the law or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? Although you began with the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by human effort? Have you suffered so many things for nothing? – if indeed it was for nothing. Does God then give you the Spirit and work miracles among you by your doing the works of the law or by your
5) If righteousness could come through the law, then Christ died for nothing!
6) For all who rely on doing the works of the law are under a curse, because it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not keep on doing everything written in the book of the law.” Now it is clear no one is justified before God by the law, because the righteous one will live by faith. But the law is not based on faith, but the one who does the works of the law will live by them. Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us (because it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”) in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham would come to the Gentiles, so that we could receive the promise of the Spirit by faith.
7) The law that came four hundred thirty years later does not cancel a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to invalidate the promise. For if the inheritance is based on the law, it is no longer based on the promise, but God graciously gave it to Abraham through the promise.
8) For if a law had been given that was able to give life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. But the scripture imprisoned everything and everyone under sin so that the promise could be given – because of the faithfulness of Jesus Christ – to those who believe.
9) For Christ is the end of the law, with the result that there is righteousness for everyone who believes.
10) For freedom Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not be subject again to the yoke of slavery. You who are trying to be declared righteous by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace! For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait expectantly for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor un-circumcision carries any weight – the only thing that matters is faith working through love.
11) When he speaks of a new covenant, he makes the first obsolete. Now what is growing obsolete and aging is about to disappear.
12) For if that first covenant had been faultless, no one would have looked for a second one. But showing its fault, God says to them,
“Look, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will complete a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.” It will not be like the covenant that I made with their fathers, on the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not continue in my covenant and I had no regard for them, says the Lord.” For this is the covenant that I will establish with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and I will inscribe them on their hearts. And I will be their God and they will be my people. “And there will be no need at all for each one to teach his countryman or each one to teach his brother saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ since they will all know me, from the least to the greatest. “For I will be merciful toward their evil deeds, and their sins I will remember no longer.”
13) For the law possesses a shadow of the good things to come but not the reality itself, and is therefore completely unable, by the same sacrifices offered continually, year after year, to perfect those who come to worship. For otherwise would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers would have been purified once for all and so have no further consciousness of sin? But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year after year. For the blood of bulls and goats cannot take away sins.
False prophets appeared in the past among the people, and in the same way false teachers will appear among you. They will bring in destructive, untrue doctrines and will deny the Master who redeemed them, and so they will bring upon themselves sudden destruction. Even so, many will follow their immoral ways; and because of what they do, others will speak evil of the way of truth. In their greed these false teachers will make out a profit out of telling you made-up stories. (2 Peter 2:1-4)
Be on your guards, then so that you will not be lead away by the errors of the lawless people and fall from your safe position. But continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus. (2 Peter 3: 17)
Saints, Christ is the end of the Law and if any preacher teaches us to keep the festivals of the Jews mandatorly according to the Law then that preacher is teaching false doctrine. The preacher who has asked to keep/observe/ commemorate Jewish Passover in a way asking the Church to follow the written code of the Law-that has been fulfilled and abolished by Christ- the Passover Lamb. Now new covenant has been established in the blood of Christ Jesus whose Laws are written into our hearts through the Holy Spirit of God. Rather then commemorating Jewish Passover we must keep and promote “The Holy Communion”: that has been given to us, by our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus, which reminds us that we have forgiveness of our sins in him.
Remember, “For Christ is the end of the law, with the result that there is righteousness for everyone who believes.”
May God bless each one of us to test every spirit and through the Holy Spirit of God lead us in the path of righteousness according to the profound word of God, so that me may be not caught in the deceptive and hollow teachings and doctrines that so easily becomes threat to our Salvation and Freedom that we have received in Christ Jesus, Our Lord.
Living Stones Prayer Ministry, India.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW