IT'S TIME TO BRING FORTH THE IMPOSSIBLE
Can you believe God for the impossible?
Is there anything too hard for God?
A Bible Study on Faith
Take a journey back to the time of Abraham and Sarah. God gave them a promise that Sarah would have a child.I'm sure when they were told this good news, they were both elated because they had longed for a child of their own.
When someone promises to give us something, we get excited and can hardly wait until we receive it, and I'm sure that Sarah and Abraham were no different.
I'm sure they began to get disappointed when the weeks turned into months, and the months into years, and then finally to the point that I guess it's just not going to happen.
God has his own way and time frame in which he chooses to move. He wants you to only believe and trust him, even when it looks as if what you are believing or hoping for will never come to pass.
Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.
Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, after I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?
Sarah thought that all was lost when she had become old. It was hard for Sarah to see beyond the natural way of life. But we serve a God that is not regulated by time or natural circumstances.
Is any thing too hard for the Lord?
The people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
God is greater than time, he is the Ancient of Days:
12. With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.
13. With him is wisdom, and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.
14. Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.
15. Behold, he withholdeth the waters, and they dry up: also he sendeth them out, and they overturn the earth.
God can do whatsoever he wants and when ever he wants to do it to whomever it pleases him. Nothing is impossible with God, and to him that believeth, all things are possible. You must have faith and patience.
Patience: The willingness to endure the bearing of suffering delays with calmness and self-control. Being able to reframe from retaliation. Being steadfast, faithful, tireless, unflinching, brave, valiant, courageous, and unmovable.
KJV Hebrews 11:7
7. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
KJV Hebrews 11:8
8. By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
KJV Romans 5:3-5
3. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4. And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5. And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
KJV Romans 8:25
25. But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
KJV Romans 15:4
4. For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
God knows we go through things with our spouses and our children and people in general, but by his word, he says:
KJV 2 Corinthians 6:4-10
4.But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5. In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6. By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7. By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8. By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9. As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10. As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
KJV 1 Thessalonians 1:3
3. Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
KJV Hebrews 6:12-15
12. That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
13. For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
14. Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
15. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.
If you deem yourself as being Abraham's seed, then you too must endure, if you want to receive the promise.
KJV Hebrews 10:36
36. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
KJV Genesis 21:1
1. And the Lord visited Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did unto Sarah as he had spoken.
KJV Genesis 21:7
7. And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age.
KJV Isaiah 51:1-3
1. Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.
2. Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.
3. For the Lord shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places;
and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody
KJV Isaiah 51:7
7. Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.
(If God has made you a promise, know that he is able to keep it and perform it) Don't stop believing, no matter how long the wait, how hard or how dark the day may get.
Wait on him, trust him, believe for the impossible and you shall have it.
God bless you and keep you.
By Alfreda J. Byars
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Alfreda Byars or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.