The Office and The Work of the Holy Spirit
by Joshua - Ashish Macwan
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
1) Outpouring Promised: - God our Father in the Heaven through His Prophets of the Old Testament had revealed that days were going to come when He shall pour His Spirit upon on flesh. And on the day of Pentecost, God fulfilled His words that He spoke through His Prophet Joel, ď And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old mens shall dream dreams, your young and old shall see visions.Ē From that day to this day believers and church has been blessed with the gift of the Holy Spirit, which has helped the church of Christ to grow and minister one another and outreach the world with the Good-News.
2) Convicts the World of Sin: -. Godís anger is revealed from heaven against all Sin and evil of the people whose evil ways prevent the truth from being known. God punishes them because what can be known about God is plain to them, for God himself made it plain. Ever since God created the world his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are perceived in the things that God has made yet instead of worshipping the immortal God, they worship images to look like mortal man or birds or animals or reptiles, they exchange the truth about God for a lie; they worship and serve what God has created instead of the Creator himself, who has revealed a way of putting people right with himself through the free gift of Godís grace through Christ Jesus, who sets us free from all of our sins and unrighteousness. God offered him, so that by his death he should become the means by which peopleís sins are forgiven through their faith in him. Itís no more by the observance of the Law or by worshipping worthless Idol nor through our own efforts and righteous acts and life one can attain salvation itís purely by Godís grace that we can be saved through faith. And anyone who rejects Godís plan of Salvation that the Lord has fulfilled through His Son Christ Jesus is guilty of questioning the Grace of God and has sinned against the Lord God Almighty and so it proves to the people of the world that they are wrong about sin because they have not believed in Christ Jesus
3) Testifies Concerning Christ: - Bible notes that, ďNo prophetic message ever came just from the will of man, but men were under the control of the Holy Spirit as they spoke the message that came from God.Ē It was through Holy Spirit the prophets of the Old Testament prophesied about the birth, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit testifies that Christ is the visible likeness of invisible god. He is the first-born Son, superior to all created things. He existed before all things, and in union with him all things have their proper place. He is the head of his body, the church; he is the source of the bodyís life. He is the first-born Son, who was raised from death, in order that he alone might have the first place in all things. For it was by Godís own decision that the Son has in himself the full nature of God. We believe manís testimony; but Godís testimony is much more stronger, and he has given this testimony about his Son through Holy Spirit- For Jesus Christ is the one who came with water of his baptism and the blood of his death. He came not only with water, but the water and the blood. And the Spirit himself testifies that this is true that God has given us eternal life and this life has its source in the Son. Whoever has the Son has life: whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
4) The Abiding Guest: - Christ while ministering on the earth also promised the disciples about sending of the Holy Spirit, which shall abide with them and with all those forever, who will believe in him. Holy Spirit is marked as ďAbiding GuestĒ because the Spirit of the Lord is Gentle and it will never force its way in any oneís life. We as believers have to be sensitive about Godís Spirit and must humbly open our hearts and lives so that the Spirit of Most High God can come and Abide with us and keep on doing the sanctifying works in our lives, so that through us Christ can be exalted and glorified and His Kingdom be advanced in the world.
5) Guides Into All Truth: - Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth and it guides us into all truth. For it does not speak of himself but whatsoever it hears from the Lord Jesus Christ. Right from the time when John the Baptist started preaching the message of repentance to this day the Kingdom of God has suffered violent attacks; Attacks in the form of false theology, false Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Servants, Mis-understanding and Mis-presentation of the Gospel, persecution of the Church etc. but Holy Spirit has always helped the church to go in the right directions for it revealed the path to us through the Word of God and by making us remember the preaching of Christ Jesus. For the Holy Spirit always testifies about Christ and our Father in the Heaven, the world cannot receive it because it cannot see him, for it dwells with us and in us.
6) Gives Life: - Bible declares that, ď We all are sinners, no one is righteous and we all have fallen short to the glory of GodĒ This means that we all are spiritually dead unless and until we confess and repent our sins to the Most High God and receive His Son Christ Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. In Godís own mercy he has saved us, through the Holy Spirit, who gives us new birth and new life by washing us. God poured out the Holy Spirit on us through Christ Jesus our Saviour, so that by his grace we might be put right with God and come into possession of the eternal life we hope. For it is true that Christ has been raised from death, as the guarantee that those who sleep in death will also be raised. For just as death came by means of a man, in the same way the rising from death comes by means of a man. For just as all die because of their union with Adam, in the same way all will be raised to life because of their union with Christ. For the first man, Adam, made of earth, came from the earth; the second Adam came from heaven is the life-giving Spirit. And therefore, The Spirit and the bride says, ď Come!Ē Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
7) Brings To Remembrance Christís Words: - One of the most unique work of the Holy Spirit is to help the believers by making them remember the teachings of Christ Jesus and lead them into the truth. From the millenniaís passed by Church has gone through tremendous of hardship, trouble and death swaying persecutions yet the efforts of enemy has not been able to get fulfilled because the Holy Spirit has always helped the Church to remember the true teachings of Christ and remain united in Him. Christ in his Olivet Prophecy has foretold us the things that will happen before his coming, the words that Christ has spoken are been made remembered to us when we literally see them getting fulfilled in these end times, these remembrance helps us to live a Christ-Centered and Christ-Glorifying life; always prepared for the Second Coming of our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus.
8)Glorifies Christ Jesus:- The ultimate work of the Holy Spirit is to uplift, exalt and glorify Christ Jesus. This has been testified by Christ himself in John 14: "He will glorify me, because he will receive from me what is mine and will tell it to you. Everything that the Father has is mine; that is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what is mine and will tell it to you." So one of the most important work of the Holy Spirit is to bring to the name of Lord Jesus Christ.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Joshua - Ashish Macwan or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.