One of my part-time jobs is to serve as a professional Boxing/Mixed Martial Arts Judge. Now for those who have ever seen a fight before would know that between rounds a young lady would come out holding up a card which would show a number on it, it is the number telling which round of the fight is upcoming. However, in most cases, the women would be scantily dressed.
First, in regards to myself, I never have a problem in regards to lusting over the women because of three things.
1. When I first became a Christian in 2001 and decided that I would continue to work in this profession, I made a decision that between rounds I would focus my attention elsewhere.
2. Normally during the fight, I am so into God’s word, due to the fact that while I am sitting ringside, I would usually have my Bible open and/or jotting down ideas for an upcoming book or just embracing the word of God.
3. Depending on the fight venue, I have become highly recognizable as one of the Lord’s servants that I couldn’t afford to slip in this area even if I wanted to, due to the understanding that I may cause someone else to stumble.
Now in reference to some of the married men that are in attendance around the ring, to put it bluntly, I am appalled at what I see and hear.
- I see married men lusting so intently as if they were oblivious of anyone else being in attendance.
- I hear catcalls that would make me blush.
- I see married men high-fiving their married male friends in a sign of praise for the beauty that is before their eyes.
- I hear married men calling for the ring card girl to ‘turn around’, so that they view her derriere.
- The worst that I see is between or after the fights, is when the married men are flirting with the Ring Card Girls.
These things should not be, especially from those who later swear to me that they revere the Lord. The question that I would love to ask all of these men, that I have had the pleasure of asking those that I know personally is, “How would your wife respond to your behavior, if she just showed up?”