SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
It's hard to put a price tag on most of my favorite Christmas things.
1) Turqoise Christmas lights against a navy sky (It might bother God if I didn't notice).
2) Being able to breath in the cold winter air without the warm filter of a scarf (Jehovah Rapha!)
3) Door to door Christmas caroling.
4) Meticulously decorating gingerbread cookies.
5) The scene where my eyes get moist in "The Little Drummer Boy" as he plays before the King.
6) Custard pies from McDonalds.
7) Decorating stockings with glitter-glue, snowflakes, and other do-dads.
8) Getting caught without a tissue while hearing the first "Joy to the World" while shopping.
9) The traditional trip to the Dayton's 8th floor storybook exhibit.
10) Remembering the dream that God gave me reminding me not to go to work on Christmas day about 4 years ago.
11) Getting gifts from Elfie the Elf and the rest of my dad's imaginary friends (my dad may be in heaven, but his imaginary friends live on).
12) Listening to "Blue Christmas" without an ache in my heart (Jehovah Rapha!)
IF YOU LIKE, PLEASE SHARE WITH ME SOME OF YOUR FAVORITES.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Honey Stone or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
My sister-in-law and I got our kids together and took them door to door, Christmas caroling many years ago. I'll never forget the look on some of the faces of those we sang to. And the first Christmas after my brother was killed by a train, and the last one we shared with him the year before....the time our children put on a little Christmas play on Christmas Eve....the years my three granddaughters and I baked cookies together....and when my son came knocking at my door on Christmas Eve, a few years ago, all the way from California. So, I guess my favorite things at Christmas are the many, many memories stored up in my memory bank. Thanks for stirring them up tonight!
Well, I didn't celebrate Christmas as a lil' Jewish kid. But, one Christmas morning, I went over to my new little friend's house....who was a GENTILE. 'Wow! What a neat tree!' I thought. Then, I looked over at her coffee table, and said 'What's this thing?'. 'Oh', she replied, 'That's Jesus in the manger.' God Bless.