15 Compelling Evidences that God Exists
by Rob Vandeweghe
Not For Sale
Author requests article critique
Not For Sale
Author requests article critique
Does God exist? Does evolution explain our existence? Does God reveal Himself through other observations? Much has been written about the evidences for God's existence and/or to prove that He does or does not exist. To help you find a path through the labyrinth of information, following an overview of the 15 most compelling evidences for the existence of a Divine Creator, God:
1. The Big Bang needed a Creator: Something cannot come from nothing.
2. Structure and order: The remarkable order and structure of the laws of science and the characteristics of the elements show the hand of a Designer.
3. Earth is a truly privileged planet: Chances of finding a similar planet like Earth suited for life in the entire universe are practically zero.
4. Designed for discovery: Our location is the universe is also likely the best location to observe the universe. Our atmosphere allows for life but also observation.
5. First Life: The complexity of the simplest living organism makes it clear that life cannot have started just by chance. Proteins, DNA and molecular machines show design.
6. No mechanism for species to evolve. Natural selection is just variation within a species. Genetic mutations are required to evolve from one species into the next, however mutations are not common and mostly neutral. If they happen, they are almost always harmful not beneficial. The occurrence of many small, beneficial steps of mutations is against all odds and has never been observed.
7. The fossil record: There are no intermediate species in the fossil record. The Cambrian Explosion shows the sudden appearance of all body designs at the same geological time.
8. Age of the human race: Modern man (through analysis based on genetics) indeed descends from one single pair of parents, likely less than 50,000 years ago. Much more recent than earlier assumed and too recent to allow for evolution.
9. Irreducible complex machines: A number of biological systems cannot be formed in gradual evolutionary steps.
10. Symbiotic relationships: The close relationships between some pairs of organisms show that independent evolution of these life forms is not possible.
11. Law of entropy: All complex systems in our universe ‘evolve’ toward chaos, not the other way around. Evolution claims the opposite.
12. The watchmaker argument: Living organisms are very complicated and sophisticated. Like with a watch, it is more logical to assume that they are designed than that they ‘happened’ by random chance.
13. The morality argument: All humans are wired to have moral values (know what is right or wrong). How can a-moral, organic components develop moral values by chance?
14. The testimony of silence: After 150 years of research evolutionists still have not found answers and mechanisms to explain how life could have started and evolution could have happened.
15. Near death experiences: An estimated 8+ million Americans have experienced a NDE (Near Death Experiences). NDEs are all very similar, strongly suggesting the existence of a soul that continues to live after clinical death.
About the author:
Rob VandeWeghe is a sceptic turned Christian by studying the foundations for Christianity. Rob’s book ‘Prepared to Answer’ and more evidences for Christianity are available at http://www.WindmillMinistries.org. Or study more about the evidences for God’s existence.
The above article is an excerpt from Rob's book: Prepared to Answer. You can get a copy of this book on his website or as Ebook here on FaithWriters-FaithReaders.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Rob Vandeweghe or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Hi Rob, I am commenting, not to argue with what you've said, but to point out that you haven't provided support for any of your statements. I believe an article requires these, unless your intention is merely to state your opinion.