Dealing with skeletons in the closet!!!
by Mark E Crossley
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
This article maybe uncomfortable to read for some but it is important once in a while to stop and see if there are any skeletons in the closet or any un-confessed sin that one needs to deal with, confront or confide with in another human being to help you overcome and move forward in this tricky area. Is this something you need to hear today?
We read in Psalm 139 “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting”
We can choose not to deal with any particular sin as an individual, we can decide not to share it with others if it does not come out by another source but God knows everything and we cannot hide it from him and HE wants us to be whole and it not to hold us back from what He has for us. Amen.
Here are a few things we may ask ourselves:
• Are you ashamed of things that have happened in the past?
• Have you been a continuous liar, been involved with drugs, sex or alcohol in the wrong way, abused children, looking at pornography, been in prison or handled yourself in the wrong way?
• Are there relationships that have gone wrong and you fear because of someone else’s behaviour or your actions may cause conflict between you in a future setting about the past?
• Should you feel uncomfortable or embarrassed about that particular skeleton that is in the cupboard?
• Do you fear what has occurred, this may come out at a unwanted or unexpected time when you feel you have dealt with this issue, moved on and things are going well the enemy may use this to come and destroy you & how often do you pray for the enemy
• Do you believe God can deliver you from your sin and you will go onto achieve greater things for the greater purposes of the Gospel?
Here are a few things we can do to deal with skeletons in the closet:
1. Pray and ask God to reveal any un-dealt sin.
2. Pray for appropriate role models to come along to help you overcome these issues.
3. Pray you will be able to help others that are struggling with these things you are.
4. Pray this situation will make you a better person and stronger person.
5. Pray this will not be a hindrance but a help for your future prospects.
6. Pray and ask God to heal the past and bring prosperity for the future.
Jeremiah 15:19-21 “Therefore this is what the LORD says: "If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them.
I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you," declares the LORD. "I will save you from the hands of the wicked and redeem you from the grasp of the cruel."
Only God is perfect, faultless and we as people have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God and the scriptures kindly remind us.
We must believe that God is able to restore & save you from continued sin. We have to believe that God sees the bigger picture; he knows everything about us as and how our past can affect or effect our future.
If he knows our heart & wants the best for us we have to trust that whatever trials and tribulations comes along we will overcome and be successful in the Lord.
It is tricky because we at the time of our sinning don’t have a crystal ball and at the time when that period in our lives comes to an end likewise we do not have a crystal ball we have to live by faith that again the future will be positive.
Perhaps for some the Lord is teaching you the hard way through the law of reaping and sowing that there are consequences for your behaviour but this set of circumstances is to bring you closer to God, to increase your faith and to hear his voice for the path He wants you to go down to be successful in spite of what has happened.
We must ask God to forgive the error of our ways, heal and help to restore our relationship with him; others and any offensive way that is within us.
In the words of Bob Gass “Now there’s something to think about”.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Mark E Crossley or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Thank you, Mark. Another succinct, godly and good piece of writing. I, too, have placed this in my favourites. Helpful to work through from time to time.
This is great! I like the way you posed the individual questions, which gave me time to think over each one. I will add this to my favorites so I can refer back to it often. I try to live openly before God and man, but I think we all have issues that could use further exploration at times. Thank you so much for this thought provoking piece. Beth
A Great article. Amen.