On July 27th 2007 I was voted in as a local councillor for my village. For months and months things really have not worked out for me, life has been slow, full of illness and progression has been slow desperately wishing some of my talents will bear fruit. I had a vote of confidence to be co-opted on to the council to make a difference to the local community.
Ecclesiastes 3 v 1 says “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven”
Ralph Waldo Emerson goes on to say "This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it."
How about enjoying the moment when it happens like I did on 21st July 2007 @ 7.33pm to be precise.
Here are a few things we can think of when a significant moment happens:-
• It does not matter what other difficult issues you have in your life at that particular time but I will give myself permission to cherish and enjoy the moment and know it is from God.
• I will make a conscious effort to praise God for answering prayer and know this is the time HE would want to bless, encourage and raise me up to a new level, that He has heard the cries of our hearts to which we appreciate and thank our Eternal God for.
• As someone unknown said “If I enjoy the moment, I don’t think about the past or the future. I don’t worry”. Is that something you need to do more often?
• We don’t know sometimes how of where these moments come about but sometimes can be brought across our path especially if our faith has got low to encourage us. Amen.
• l need to remind ourselves that life is short & you can either enjoy or regret it. I hope you choose to select, enjoy, and you will experience great joy in this moment. Let's bring it back into our lives, and practice it regularly. Some people just need to read these words.
• A final thought we can think of is that of Lionel Ketchian who says “Enjoying the moment is absorbing. You can't fast forward nature. You can't stop or freeze frame moments you enjoy. While in nature you're included, you became part of it all”.
Here are some questions to discuss and stir your spirit in your house group tonight:
Do you need God to bring more of his perfect timings into your life?
Do you need God to enable you to enjoy the best of “Now moments” not “Then”, “When” or “If only’s”?
Do you need to believe and have the faith that as a child of God his divine appointments arrive at the right time at the right place for you and HE won’t let you down?
Does God need to make you more vulnerable & humble to deal with some issues in order to bring more moments that will be significant so you can enjoy life more?
How desperate are you to see other good things come to pass in your life?
What great things have you waited for and how did you respond when it naturally came to pass? By sharing your answers to this question may encourage people in your group?
When is the last time you stopped for a moment to enjoy the moment?
A final thought to think of is taken from an old Chinese proverb: "Life itself cannot give you joy unless you really let it. Life just gives you time and space and it's up to you to fill it."
Take this moment that you will know why it is called the PRESENT. Enjoy your PRESENT, it contains JOY.
Lord, I lift up your people today and those who are yet to know you as Lord and Saviour that there will be more memorable experiences of how you fill your people by your presence and Holy Spirit in such a powerful and noticeable way.
I pray that as people move forward more in the supernatural there will be significant developments and memorable moments that may happen in the natural.
Lord, let our expectations and faith in you rise to the point of overflowing that the will of God be done so that people can testify more of your goodness through faith writers and other websites.
We ask even know your touch would enable a memorable moment to happen through this article in Jesus Name. Amen.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Mark E Crossley or search for articles on the same topic or others.