It’s good to be …………. popular?
by Mark E Crossley
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
We read in Matthew 9 v 27-30 below of Jesus healing a blind man:
“As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, "Have mercy on us, Son of David!" When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" "Yes, Lord," they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you"; and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, "See that no one knows about this."
How awesome is that firstly meeting Jesus in person and secondly receiving his personal touch being healed of their sight. No wonder this man thought Jesus was popular.
There were people that did not like Jesus because he associated himself with the tax collectors & prostitutes so even the Son of God was sometimes unpopular. (see Matthew 9:9-11; & Matthew 21:31-33)
What good daily practical tips can we do to try and be popular?
• Be a person who smiles a lot
• Be a person who is positive all of the time
• Be a person who strives to be successful in small and big things whatever they are!
• Be a person who is credible and reputable
• Be a person who tries to be a people person
• Be a person who see’s & treats people as God would do
• Do you posses any of these or other qualities?
What are there costs for some people because of who they are?
• Wealth – People who are wealthy such as Bill Gates, people sometimes want to either marry they for their money, be a person who famously sues’ them for their hard earned fortune or are jealous and tries to get their hands on their fortune in some way or another. If you’ve got it be wise with who you associate yourself with.
• Sex Appeal – There are many lustful people who drool over the likes of Jordon (Katie Price) because of her assets, pop stars such as Madonna. Do you do that for relief?
• Fame & power – Are you one of these people who goes on every talent contest going seeking opportunities to get near to the likes of Simon Cowell & Gordon Ramsey in order to gain recognition, fame and friends with the rich and famous?
• Royalty – Are you or do you know someone who is a monarchist, tries to stalk to monarchy, tries to get into the palaces to be near them or tries to befriend them in order to get an honour?
• Time: When you are popular people will want to take up your time, energy & resources sometimes in a honest way but there will be those who are information seekers and will try to use meetings in a destructive way. Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer!
• Politian’s: Do you want to get near your politician to gain business, knighthood or promotion within a government department, you may not like them as a person only for what they can do for you because of their position. Can politicians and people who stand up for what is right and fight injustice still be popular?
• Is there someone who you like for the wrong reasons and what will you do to correct it? Are you using someone for your own personal gain?
What questions can you discuss in your house group today on popularity?
• Does it make you wonder why you are not popular and some are and what’s more cannot understand why they are when you look at them?
• Are young people popular who under drink, underage sex and cause anti-sociable problems or Are you a person that will do anything to gain attention, even if it makes you popular or even unpopular?
• Is Jesus popular in your life and home and has HE ever touched or healed you? If so perhaps share this with others in your group?
• Are you in the “In” or “Outside” group of life? What behaviours do you need to change today in your life if you are doing things wrong?
• Is it easier to be popular when things are going well than when you are going through difficult storms of life or is it how you respond no matter what happens to you that can make or break your popularity?
• What other incidents in the bible can you think of when Jesus was popular and not so likeable that you can share with your friends?
Lord Jesus, you know our hearts, you know if we are going to be famous or live an ordinary life with a few friends who like us, you know when we will rise and fall in our popularity. You know what we are capable of & when we are popular how we can use that God given influence wisely, we pray that whether we are likeable or not at present your hand will be upon our lives and all we pray is you will have your way in us today and everyday. Amen.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Mark E Crossley or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Great article. There is alot here to meditate on, especially on our motives, and how pure they may or may not be.