Fifteen Female Favorites
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
Fifteen Female Favorites
by paula pinto
Spring is in the air… The Lord is waking the earth up from its wintry repose and calling it to action. A time for growth and change. For those who need to be reminded, have forgotten (or never knew), here’s the inside scoop on gifts that women adore, where they’d like to spend the evening out, and what they’d look forward to doing if you arrange something at home. Here are fifteen female favorites that are sure to leave that special lady smiling.
1. A card. The number one rule before you plan a big night or buy a gift is to make sure you get a card. While cleaning out my closet last weekend I found three boxes filled with cards that I’ve received over the years. I got rid of a lot of things, but the cards are back in the closet. Why? Because the kind words that someone ascribed to me is something I cherish. A card is usually the first thing I look for when receiving a gift, and there are many women out there who look forward to reading your card also.
2. Perfume. I don’t believe that perfume is impersonal. However, perfume that smells totally opposite than anything I’d ever wear is. If the lady in your life is close enough to you then I’m sure you can capture her scent. Does it smell flowery sweet? Spicy? Maybe she is attracted to perfume that contains a citrus ingredient. Or perhaps she prefers a powdery scent? These are things to keep in mind as you go to the fragrance counter. Once you’re there you’ll be able to better describe what you’re looking for.
3. A Book. Buy her an inspirational book, or, if you think it appropriate, even a Bible. Inspirational books are filled with great stories and insights to encourage and inspire people, and the Bible, even as literature is filled with wisdom, hope, love, peace, and many more wonderful topics. Many are published just for women. This gift will let her know you care about her spiritual life, and lets her know it is part of your life also.
4. Quality time. It is often discussed, but does not happen enough for many women. We all have personal agendas, and things that need to get done. However, when you’ve planned on spending one-on-one time with that special lady - turn the cell phone (and the land line phone if you’re home) off! Then, do not discus the things that you need to do later. Anything that distracts your attention from the quality time you’re spending with her now is interference. And, if she means enough to you, she deserves your undivided attention.
5. Jewelry. Jewelry is a wonderful gift. However, keep an eye out for what she likes. Does she wear white gold more than she does yellow gold? Does she wear earrings, but dislikes wearing rings? Some women are very particular with what they like and dislike. Think of the colors she likes wearing, and find a piece of jewelry that has that color gem stone in it. She won’t have trouble finding something that she can wear it with.
6. Photo album. Yes…make a photo album, and put all of the pictures you have with her in it. Be creative. It’ll be evident that you took the time to do it yourself and will make her feel special. You can score extra points if you write a poem or find one written by a famous poet and paste it on the inside cover.
7. Flowers. I remember a very stressful day on my job, and needless to say, I’d rather have been somewhere else. Because my boyfriend listened as I spoke to him about my day, he heard that I would much rather have been taking a walk in the park, taking in the beauty and aroma of the blooming flowers. Well, he surprised me with a bouquet of flowers, and on the card he wrote, “Since you couldn’t be at the park, I brought the park to you.” He really brightened my day. If you send flowers to her job or to where she lives, it will be more than a pleasant surprise. Yes, it’s as old as time, but women love to get flowers from a man.
8. Cooking. Uh-oh… I bet I caught some of you offguard with that one. You know she’s heard of Emeril, now let her see what you can do. It doesn’t have to be fancy, but if it is, then all the better. And don’t forget the dessert… and the cleanup, making sure she does nothing to help. Afterwards, put on a good movie, and encourage her to just relax. Everyone needs their own time to unwind, and this gift will be much appreciated.
9. CD. Buy her a CD with all love songs on it. Maybe there are some that describe the way you feel about her, and you could circle them on the cover. Tell her to pay close attention to those you circled. What a fantastic way for her to be reminded of your love, especially during her personal time.
10. A Picnic. Take her to the beach or park on a beautiful day. Prepare some food so that you can have a picnic together. Opportunities like these are the best times to tell someone how much they mean to you.
11. A Cell phone. If you’re in a long-term relationship, and your lady does not have a cell phone, you might really make a statement by buying her one. Maybe she has one, but it looks as if she could use a new one. If you decide on this as a gift, be sure to schedule time to teach her how to use a couple of the features that she might not use on her own.
12. Gift certificates. They are a wonderful idea, but even more wonderful when you know where she likes to shop. If you do then get her a gift certificate to her favorite store, and if you don’t know where she likes to shop, ask her where she got her favorite sweater. Now here’s the catch, at first she may think that you didn’t want to spend time shopping. However, reassure her that you’d like to go along with her when she picks out her gift. I’m sure she’d be delighted to have your company, and to get your opinion on her selections.
13. Shoes. Do you know why men have to get on their knees when they propose? It’s because she’d like you to get a better look at her shoes. Obviously I’m kidding, but this is not joke - women love shoes! I have shoes that I’ll probably never wear again, but somehow I just can’t part with them. We ladies like to have a pair to go with jeans or for a special event and everything in between. So, do something legendary (and brave) - take her out shoe shopping and let her pick out a pair to add to her collection. There may be a little conspicuous consumption going on but it will be sumptuous nonetheless.
14. Pet. Has she wanted a kitten or perhaps a puppy? Many women are animal lovers, and this could be the perfect time for such a gift. Take her on a surprise trip to the pet store and be prepared to buy her whatever she chooses. I’m sure she’ll be ecstatic!
15. Chocolate. Forest Gump said, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.” He could have concluded with, “So make sure you buy her the heart-shaped box with the chocolates inside.” The allure of chocolate is famous and its texture and taste are sensual. There is more said in the giving of chocolate than in the eating. But for those who women who love to eat them, the attraction is in the adventure of happening upon the ones you really like. So, make sure you buy a selection with variety. And if she opens them in your presence, it is a good sign for you.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by paula pinto or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
This article has been read 1330 times < Previous | Next >