“You shall not steal” the Bible says in Ex 20 v 15 which of course is one of the famous ten commandments as I am sure you will know. Larceny goes on to define stealing as “The act of taking something from someone unlawfully”.
Whether one is a believer or not people steal for various reasons however the most obvious one is that when someone has absolutely nothing in the bank people need to live, some people say they get a buzz from taking from someone else and the thought of not being caught, others want it to try and better themselves and by stealing a car may for a short period make them better than the Jones’s next door and so the reasons go on.
Alternatively you could be faced with a specific real life situation such as being faced with redundancy from work, a bill that comes in more than you expect or had budgeted for, the thought of being evicted from your home, been unemployed for several months and need money to survive are factors that are quite often beyond our control so what must we do when faced with these situations.
Stealing may not necessarily be of associated criminal behaviour however it could be plagiarism which happens commonly in education and journalistic fields stealing other peoples work and claiming it as your own, stealing people’s identity sadly now is on the increase where people want to take your passport and credit cards to pretend they are you to falsely use your identity to their pleasing often without your knowledge or when it is it is often detrimental to yourself.
• Pray that God will deliver us from any temptation of stealing.
• Pray that God will be number one in our lives and by faith God is our provider always.
• Pray that God will use our faith as a testimony to others if we need delivering from debt or he delivers finance so we are blessed to be a blessing. Amen.
• Pray that God will change our thinking with regards in how to live for Him so we do not need to steal.
• Pray that God will change our circumstances for his Glory if we have steeled, challenge our hearts and use that for the Kingdom of God to show others of the consequences and it can limit or lift what we can do in life.
• Pray God will allocate resources to your hand and you will use them as God would want you to.
• Pray that if you are the victim of theft at home, work or church you will respond how God would want you to.
• Pray that if we need assistance with any aspect of this area the right people will come at the right time before it is too late and are imprisoned for that crime.
The bible clearly states stealing is not biblical however we can take refuse that in times of need God is our provider, we all have choices however I pray today you will take the latter option and see God answer your prayer as stealing should never an option you should be tempted by but try to live in accordance with Gods word today and everyday. God Bless you!.